September 15, 2014

GOSH Grey Forever Eye Shadow and Crispy Lips Lip Lacquer Review*

Back in July, I attended a local Blogger Meet and received two GOSH items, including an eyeshadow pencil and a lip lacquer that released as part of their SS14 collection. These were all very new items to me as at the time I hadn't even looked at a GOSH stall in months. Since I've not really tried many Gosh products either, I was looking forward to trying these out.

Despite the fact that Gosh Lip Lacquers say 'lip' in bold capital letters, at first sight I thought they were nail polishes. These aren't exactly lipglosses though and are meant to have 'colour like a lipstick and shine like a gloss'. These certainly have a gloss feel to them whilst being quite pigmented. As I'm generally not a huge fan of Barbie pink lips, I like to apply a thin layer though, giving it a nude pink finish. Since I only apply a thin layer the lip colour lasts for 3/4 hours. If you apply a thick layer on, you can expect it to fade after 2 hours into a stain. The lipgloss comes with a doe foot applicator and has a very fruity scent to it. The lightweight formula has a non-sticky feel to it and also contains Argon oil and Vitamin E to soften and moisturise your lips.

Overall, despite not being a gloss fan I quite like it, so I imagine gloss fans would love this. The Gosh lip lacquers come in 8 shades and cost £5.99 each.

The GOSH Forever Eyeshadow sticks aren't a unique concept as drugstore, midrange and high end beauty brands now do them. I've never been sold on the concept of eyeshadow pencils so was quite interested to see how they perform. The entire Gosh forever eyeshadow range have a metallic glitter finish sticks and are meant to have a non-oily finish and a water-repellant formula for longevity. I ended up applying a heavy line but used a makeup brush to smudge it out into a subtle light cat eye. The eyeshadow stick is easily the creamiest pencil I own and it lasted all day. Whilst I don't see this replacing my huge eyeshadow collection, it's excellent for travel or a quick eye look for when you're in a rush.

The Gosh forever eyeshadow sticks also come in a range of 8 shades and cost £5.99 each.

4 comments:

  1. They both look beautiful colours, especially the eyeshadow crayon.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear !
    You have such a lovely blog. Would you like to follow each other on gfc/g+/bloglovin ? I also switch textlinks and banners.
    Thanks already & Let me know :)
    xx
    isa | My Blog: Stoer & Sexy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lip lacquer looks really nice. :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete