August 10, 2014

Sephora Collection Moonshadow Baked Palette In The Tropics - Swatch, Look, Review

I recently made a small Sephora order as I'm hoping to make a bigger one some time in the next few months (hopefully with someone else) and wanted to make sure everything arrived safely. I made sure my order didn't exceed £15 before shipping, to skip out on paying a customs charge. I've been quite curious about the Sephora's moonshadow palettes for a while, they've released several similar palettes to this such as the in the night and in the nude palettes but the colors in this range really stood out to me and it happened to be on discount too.

Peru, Belize, Barbados, Seychelles, St. Vincent, Grenada, Bermuda, Fiji, Martinique, St. Lucia

The aesthetics of the bumpy shadows are what drew my to the palette, I adore the dome shaped shadows. My only issue is it can create a mess as it's a hassle to clean the palette although Q-tips do help. I didn't think much of the cover design when I ordered it but in the flesh it's quite pretty.

The swatches above were done using Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy (translucent glue base) but over a standard primer they are rather pigmented. If you want to wear a subtle look, I'd apply them dry but if you want the colours to pop, you'll have to apply them wet or with a tacky base.

The colours in the palette complement each other well, I even managed to create a look using every shade in the palette (middle image below). It was the first look I created as despite it being a tropical themed palette, the colours made me think of a stunning colourful Arabic look. However, some of these shades are a little too similar to each other, particularly Barbados and Seychelles along with St Vincent and Fiji. The swatch of St Lucia is actually applied a bit wet and thick, on the lid it applies as a subtle shimmer.

The in the tropics palette is small enough to fit into a makeup bag and each dome only contains 0.5g. At $27 (£16) I wouldn't part with my money but as it's on discount for $15 (£9), I thought it was worth it. As someone who has way too many eyeshadows anyway, it'll be nice to be able to finish a few up. The Sephora Collection moonshadow baked palettes only seem to be available on Sephora US/Canada and not Europe which is odd to me as it originated in France.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why I don't normally pay attention to Sephora palettes. These colors look lovely on you :) Nice eyeshadow looks as well!

    Jen xx
    jenteablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the looks you came up with! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across to ur Blog. it’s lovely. I’m following u. recently I have started my blog n I’m quite new at blogging world. I wld be glad if u do visit my blog nd show love by following me. It wld be ur kind appreciation. Hav a nice day…Xoxo.
    http://proxyprixi.blogspot.com/2014/07/amazoncom-haul-via-asteria-may-2014.html

    ReplyDelete