August 30, 2014

Selfridges Beauty Blogger Discovery Evening

On Thursday, I was kindly invited by Rose and the Selfridges Beauty Team for a private evening to get a taste of what new beauty products have launched recently. It was also an opportune time to learn more about beauty brands that I've yet to try. When we entered the training room we were greeted by a bunch of Krispy Kreme doughnuts with our names on it.

I've had my eye on Shu Uemura products for a while and their limited edition collections are always packaged beautifully. Their most recent collection, Vision of Beauty, is no exception either. Sadly, there wasn't a brand representative available on the night but they left appointment cards for a one-on-one session which I plan to make use of. At the Kiehls stall, I was surprised to discover that my oily combination skin is now normal to dry. So it was great to try out their new hydro-plumping serum on the evening.


Charlotte Tilbury has been a very hyped up brand and as the counter is almost always busy whenever I visit, so it was nice to have private time at the event. I generally get overwhelmed by the choice they have and there are too many products to try. Each time I go in store, there's a different palette I like. So it was nice that they only brought up select products to look at, I ended up trying out their Beach Stick in Moon Beach. Although the Beach Sticks are a lip and cheek product, I only tried it on the cheek and was surprised by how beautiful it looked.

      Manosque, Night Flight, La Notte, Night Breed, Night Out

At the Nars stand, I got a taster of their dual-intensity shadows and was really impressed by them. You can apply these dry or wet but with how pigmented these are wet, I don't see why you'd want to use them dry. The shades I tried were Callisto, a icy pink silver and their black shadow, Sycorax. I also got to try out a few shades from their new nail polish range, including Manosque, a deep smokey lavender, Night Flight, a black with cobalt blue pearl, La Notte, navy, Night Breed (my favourite), black with silver glitter and Night Out, a bright true blue.

The last brand I got to check out before leaving was Tom Ford, who were promoting their yet to be released limited edition duo cheek colours. Admittedly, I got distracted by their gorgeous lipstick in Bruised Plum and matching gloss in Wet Violet (one day). Creme de la mer, GHD and Estee Lauder were also about on the evening but I had spent too much time with the other brands by the time the evening ended. We were treated to a few samples by Nars, Kiehls and Estee Lauder before leaving. As someone who's yet to try a NARS blush, I'm especially excited to try out the mini deep throat blush sample.

If there are any products that capture your fancy, Selfridges are hosting their Perfecting Beauty event this September across all their branches. The Birmingham event takes place this Thursday and you can either e-mail perfectingbeauty@selfridges.co.uk or call 0121 600 6718 to book your £10 redeemable ticket which I'll be attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment