August 24, 2014

NYX Butter Lipsticks Razzle, Hunk & Licorice

Despite recently reviewing NYX's Macaron Lippies, I've been using three of NYX's butter lipsticks that released in the US in January for a while. The butter lipstick range are said to be hydrating, long-wearing and have a satin finish. While I generally favour matte lipsticks, these were being hyped up so much I thought I'd give them a try out of curiosity. The collection offers 22 shades with a mixture of nude and bold options, where none of them are too extreme. 

Shades from left to right - Razzle, Hunk, Licorice

Razzle is a very pigmented bright fuchsia lipstick. Despite this, it's the one I regret purchasing as I already have a few bright pink lipsticks that I don't wear often enough to justify.

Hunk is described as blue violet but I would describe it as a berry lipstick. You can use a purple lip liner to bring out a stronger purple tinge to it. I found it to be somewhat sheer compared to the others as it needed more layering for opaqueness.

Licorice is a gorgeous deep burgundy colour and was also very pigmented. I tend to opt for this over my Lime Crime wicked velvetine on dry lip days. I found that this lasted the longest out of all three as it's the only one that fades into a even stain while the others just vanish.

I adore the bright fun packaging on these and especially how the packaging of each lipstick matches the shade of the bullet. I do however wish that when applied the lipstick would be more true to the colour in the bullet, especially Hunk. Aside from that these lipsticks are very pigmented, hydrating and just the right amount of creamy that prevents shifting. They're also non-sticky, comfortable on the lips and somewhat durable although long-wearing is debatable. These should last roughly 4-6 hours on the lips.

These aren't available in the UK yet but cost $6 (£3.6) on Ulta. If you're abroad and desperately want to try these out, eBay is your friend as they have bundle offers available.

Overall I would definitely recommend these as they're very pigmented, moisturising and affordable. I will definitely look into trying out a nude shade in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I looked at all these shades for a while to pick up! They're all gorgeous and now after reading your review I really am thinking of picking one up more than ever. :D

    The colours look gorgeous on you hun. ^_^

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need Licorice! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly regret not picking some of these NYX lip butters last time I was in Ulta, now I'll have to wait for my next trip to the states :( the Licorice shade is super gorgeous and would be amazing for fall especially paired with a dark liner!

    http://gaborillaa.blogspot.ca/ | Makeup and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you did the photos for this post!!

    ReplyDelete