August 08, 2014

Braving Orange Lips

One of the reasons I'm not into what's trending is that they can be repetitive, I'm fairly certain that this summer, last summer and the summer before that, orange lips have been 'in fashion'. On the bright side though, trends are an excellent way to push yourself into trying something new. Last year, I picked up my first orange lipstick which I seemed to forget about after a quick swatch. Checking out a stranger's lipstick at a recent event who also had a similar skin tone to mine made me decide to try it out and surprisingly, I loved how it looked.

I skipped out on blush, eyeshadow and under eye concealer as I was on a rush out and took too long messing around with the new Benefit eyeliner. The orange seems to have a mild red undertone to it but that's due to the orange-red lipliner bang by Urban Decay. The lipstick itself is a very obvious orange shade on it's own. Whilst I've always look at orange lipsticks in stores and thought, aw hell no, I actually really love the look of it on my face.

 Products Used
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation
Max Factor Creme Puff Pressed Powder
Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner
Barry M Black Kohl Pencil
Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil in Bang
Art Deco Dita Von Teese Lipstick in Bon Bon

2 comments:

  1. I love orange lips! My favourite is OCC Beta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange lips look great on you!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete