July 23, 2014

Shiro Cosmetics Randomly Generated Collection Swatches & Looks

I'm currently in love with everything that the independent geek themed makeup company, Shiro Cosmetics has on their site. Despite never actually managing to get into Minecraft due to being too lazy to learn and read everything up online whilst it was still in beta, I can appreciate the collector edition cube jar packaging option that's only available for this set. As tempting as all 15 shadows in the collection were, I ended up settling on 4.

Swatches with UD PP You Dropped Your Zod, That's a Nice House, Steve, I'll Move That For You

You Dropped Your Zod is a metallic bronze over a black base and filled with golden sparkle

That'ssss a Nice House is a bright grass green with brighter green sparkle

Steve is a bright, lightly shimmery turquoise.

I'll Move That For You is a blackened amethyst with bright purple sparkle

Instead of just swatching these shadows, I also created two different looks using them to see how well they perform. I used that's a nice house and Steve for the eye look on the left and I used you dropped your zod and I'll move that for you along with an entirely different brands' gold pigment in the inner corner of the eye.

Like all other Shiro shadows that I've tried, all of these aside from Steve were super pigmented and long lasting. Despite all of them swatching well on my hand, I had to build Steve on my lid as it applied a somewhat sheer. It was long-lasting but definitely needed a base over the eye primer for full opaqueness. Out of all four, you dropped your zod is my favorite. 

Again, despite not playing Minecraft, the cube jars and artwork made this an instant buy a few months ago. They looked pretty online but they're so much cooler in person. My only problem with the packaging is that it's not particularly secure. A bit of eyeshadow managed to escape all 4 jars when I opened up my parcel despite it still being sealed. So I wouldn't travel with these shadows or place them in my makeup bag in case of spillage.

If you wanted to get a cube jar from the collection it costs $8.50 per shadow and comes with 2g. However, if you weren't interested in the collector edition packaging you can still purchase the same amount for just $6. Shiro also sell sample bags ($1) and mini jars ($3.50) if you wanted to trial certain shadows first.

Have you tried anything by Shiro? What should I try next?

2 comments:

  1. Love the swatches! I have been eyeballing her Minecraft collection for awhile as well so it looks like I may have to pick some up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Minecraft! Those look amazing too. :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete