July 15, 2014

Melt Cosmetics Blow Look

When I saw the beautiful promo images Melt Cosmetics released along with one of their latest shades, Blow, I ended up staying up to make my purchase as they are a small company who have a huge fan base. So a fair few shades tend to be out of stock and once they are, it's for a long while. Whilst I have casually decided to just casually wear the lipstick, I've finally gotten around to wearing it whilst having done the rest of my face too.

I was looking at my Urban Decay Electric palette and thought that Fringe was the perfect shadow to pair with Melt's Blow. So instead of doing the usual winged liner with a crazy lipstick color, I used a neutral palette on the lids and placed the colorful shadows on the lower lash line, with freak on the inner corner and fringe everywhere else. You can easily make the overall look more wearable by replacing the green lipstick with a more neutral shade. Whilst I do like the color, I was still disappointed with it as it isn't as dark as the promo images were. I'm wishing I had waited to check out swatches first. If you'd like to see how it compares to Serpentina, you can check out this dupe post, but otherwise on the lips, Blow comes off as a greener cousin to Illamasqua's apocalips than a proper dupe for Lime Crime's Serpentina.

Products Used
Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper (not pictured)
Claire's 10 Piece Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Set
Urban Decay Electric Palette shadows in Freak and Fringe
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils in Freak and Loaded
NYX The Curve Liner
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation
NYX HD Studio Grinding Powder (not pictured)
Melt Cosmetics Lipstick in Blow

3 comments:

  1. I'm not too sure of the lippie, i don't think i could ever be brave enough to wear it! But the eyes are gorgeous :)

    lots of love, Ana
    X
    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete