July 29, 2014

Current Top 5 Lipsticks - Summer Picks

Apparently it's 'National Lipstick Day', which I, along with wikipedia, had no idea even existed so I thought I'd post this today instead of sharing a small Fyrinnae haul. These 5 lipsticks aren't necessarily summer themed but are just lipsticks I've noticed I've been using a lot lately. I've never been one for seasonal trends and I'm happy to wear a dark or bright lipstick at any time of year. 

Neve Panna Cotta, Too Faced Melted Nude, Sleek Fuchsia, MAC Heroine, Lime Crime Wicked

Neve cosmetics desert a levres lipsticks are super moisturising whilst not particularly long lasting. Out of all three shades that I purchased, Panna Cotta is the shade that grew on me the most, it's a lovely cool nude that I'll reach for on those days my lips are feeling dry. 

When the Too Faced melted liquid lipsticks released in the UK, I settled on trying only one shade, melted nude and it surprised me how much I loved it. It's become my daily lip color and because it's not moisturising, I'll swap it out for Neve's lipstick if I'm feeling too dehydrated.

I used to be terrified by bright lipsticks until I tried out Sleek's Fuchsia Lipstick and although they aren't particularly long lasting on their own, I find pairing this with a lip liner prolongs it's wear time for quite a while. On days that I'm not feeling a bright pink lip I'll mix Sleek's Fuchsia with a certain purple lipstick...

MAC Heroine is the lipstick that made me sell out and finally own something by MAC. It's one of the more subtle purples in my collection which is precisely why it's gotten a lot of wear. 

I picked up Lime Crime's Wicked Velvetine at IMATS and it's the only reason I've started wearing red on my lips again. I adored my Lime Crime red velvet and love this deeper alternative ten times more. Although I've yet to review it, it's actually received a lot of love.

As I failed massively at my spending ban pre-IMATS, I'm on a low buy for the rest of the year where I allow myself one online and one in-store purchase per month, including necessities. As Debenhams have a special £5 off lipsticks offer for National Lipstick Day, I was very close to purchasing a YSL rouge volupte lipstick and had violet incognito and fuchsia in rage in my basket. Writing this post hope actually helped remind me I don't need more.
#winning #makeuprehab #owaitthisisntinstagram.

8 comments:

  1. Panna Cotta looks beautiful! Wicked is one of my favourite lipsticks at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Panna Cotta! Looks really pretty +.+

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shades are gorgeous, I really love the look of Heroine and Wicked :)

    Charlee | CharmedCharlee xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't tried Lime Crime- what would you say is their must have product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of their Velvetines! I adore the Veletines to bits! I've only tried Red Velvet and Wicked though but I love them, they can be drying so you may want to moisturise beforehand - but I never do.

      Delete
    2. If you're not keen on them though, I'd definitely recommend their Lazuli eyeliner.

      Delete
  5. Wow the Melted nude and Sleek Fuscia lippies are gorgeous! Might have to give them a go myself :) x


    Angi~
    iidifferentworlds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try one of the Melted lipsticks.

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete