July 25, 2014

Birmingham July Blog Meet

Last weekend I made my way into central Birmingham for a lovely blogger meetup organised by Katrina of Beautrina and Jess of dungarees and donuts. It was soaking wet outside with some heavy rain so I ended up being a wee bit late to the event. After some tweeting, I managed to find and catch up with people. Soon after, we split into 2 groups as I wanted to visit the local comic book store to pick up a comic before regrouping with everyone at Lush.

We then gathered at Pizza Hut where we received not one but two generously filled goody bags along with some custom marshmallows for the event which I gladly nommed on whilst waiting to order. Since we had disbanded into little groups throughout the day, this was where I managed to mingle a little with everyone. After our meals we were treated to some macaroons and were introduced to products by local indie company Harlequin Cosmetics by Becky.

Soon after, we headed home and I was finally able to check out what we had received in the two bags. If you see anything you'd like me to review soon or first, do let me know. This was the smallest blog meet I've been to, giving it a rather intimate feel. The event had a casual feel to it despite receiving two goody bags. It's so far been my most enjoyable meet too so major kudos to Jess and Katrina for organising the event and arranging awesome goody bags.

If you're looking for new blogs to follow, why not check out everyone's blog:

Jess
Katrina
Chloe
Char
Sam
Charlee
Zoe
Becky
Jemma
Ellie
Laura
Tasha

4 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great event, I wish I could have come! Your goodies look amazing too!!xx
    Katherine Rosie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! dammit! i totally missed out on this :( Sounds like you had a fab time! loving the macarons too! mmm

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This meet looked and sounded like so much fun and I'm really sad I couldn't make it. :(

    Definitely keep me updated on any Birmingham meets in the future and I shall try my best to make it this time. :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh you're from Birmingham! As if I keep missing out on blogger events :(. Please let me know when any upcoming ones are I'd love to go to my first blog event/meetup! X
    nonfictionbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete