June 06, 2014

Holy Grail Products #1 Illamasqua Sealing Gel

For the next few months I plan on writing a post per month on my personal Holy Grail beauty items. I don't know how long this will last as while I do have many favourite makeup items, I would not consider them all to be worthy of a 'Holy Grail' title.

Top to Bottom : Sealing Gel as Primer, Sealing Gel as Liner, No Base

What is it?
If you've not heard of Illamasqua's sealing gel before, it is a clear liquid that you can mix with eye shadow or pigments to turn the powder into a quick drying paste that's intense and long-lasting.

So why is it Holy Grail worthy? 
It is easily one of the most versatile products I own. I generally tend to use it with loose eyeshadows that don't apply well with your standard primer or to create an eyeliner out of my loose pigments. The latter is was a lifesaver once when I had run out of liquid liner, I essentially just created my own. It's also commonly used on eyebrow products to get really bold brows and some have even used it as a lipstick sealer.

Application Tips
Whenever I use this, I only use a single drop and more often than not, it's more than I need. I usually mix the gel and shadow on the jar lid as the sealing gel tends to destroy the shadow. If you want to use a pressed shadow, I suggest first gathering bits of it on a separate surface rather than just adding drops of sealing gel on the pressed shadow as it becomes unusable. Mix until creamy and you have your custom colored eyeliner.

Price & Availability
You can purchase Illamasqua's Sealing Gel at Illamasqua for £7. Admittedly, you don't get a lot of product but despite using it loads, I've yet to go through both of my gels despite owning them for over 4 years. If you're lucky though, you may be able to find their duo-pack at one of their counters which used to sell for £12.50.

Have you tried Illamasqua's sealing gel or an equivalent? Let me know below!

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good. I never buy any loose eyeshadows or pigments, because I'm afraid they won't hold well (even with a base) or the application would be messy. I will think about this for sure! (I have my eye on one barry M pigment (or is it eyeshadow..don't remember:D) already:D:D)

    ReplyDelete