May 15, 2014

Shiro Cosmetics Intertubes

Colors from L-R: Trololo, Smashing! Why Not Zoidberg?

Trololo is a lovely orange with a slight red tinge to it. It's not especially bright and makes for a good gateway orange shade for those of us who're afraid of the color.

I actually didn't chose Smashing because it was purple. In fact, I was expecting it to be a dusty rose pink as the swatch on their site looked very pink to me. This is why it's always important to read color descriptions! It is a mash of pink and purple and I'd imaging it would lean more pink depending on your natural lip color.

Why not Zoidberg is described as a bright coral and although the color itself is gorgeous put me off the most due to the products texture itself. Whilst the other 2 seemed to apply quite easily, this was grainy and is best applied with your fingers or a lip brush.

If you're a fan of memes and into seriously pigmented lip balms I would recommend you try these out. They contain shea butter and organic jojoba oil which keeps your lips so well moisturised throughout the day. They are surprisingly lost lasting and tend to leave a light stain after a meal. Despite their grainy formula, they're great to just throw in your handbag/backpack and apply when needed with your fingers.

Shiro's Intertubes will be discontinued by the end of May as the owner isn't 100% happy with the formula herself. They were originally sold for $8.50 (£5) but are on sale for $5 (£3). 

6 comments:

  1. I love Why Not Zoidberg inside out! The color is gorgeous and the packaging is the cutest of all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Shame the formula on that one was the grainiest!

      Delete
  2. God I hope that they will be discontinued only for some time (at least I think I've heard something like this) because I'd really like to get my hands on Sad Keanu and that blue one (I keep forgetting its name:D) But the Zoidberg one is pretty too! and Three Wolf Moon too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might improve the formula and then rerelease them but they've not said for sure whether this is the case. I can hope, I want to get more.

      Delete
  3. I really want to get my hands on some of the Shiro lip tints! I have my eyes peeled on the Studio Ghibli collection at the moment. :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete