May 04, 2014

Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Polishes

So the Revlon Parfumerie scented nail polishes have finally arrived in the UK! Admittedly, I've not seen all shades available in store but they are available online on Boots. I've had my eye on these since they released in the states and it had nothing to do with the fact that they're scented, although it did pique my curiosity. The packaging was what caught my attention, these look so luxurious, especially for a drugstore brand.

The first thing I did when I received this was sniff the nail polish in the bottle, big mistake. Although these are scented you can't sniff the scent until the polish has dried on your nails. I had a few people sniff them as I'm terrible at identifying scents. Italian Leather seemed to have the faintest scent out of the 3, and actually reminded those that sniffed of fruit more. Autumn Spice had the strongest scent and definitely smelled of a strange spicy mix. Bordeaux was the shade that everyone agreed definitely smelled of Wine.

I'm not entirely sure why but I was instantly drawn to the stereotypical fall shades and didn't care for the brighter colors. Italian Leather is a medium dark grey polish which surprisingly goes well with a lot of outfits. Autumn Spice is a beautiful dark brown shade with bronze shimmer that would go well with henna. Bordeaux is a simple deep red berry shade.

My only issue with the polishes is that the stickers on some of the polishes were put on a little wonky, taking away from the 'luxurious' type packaging and making it look rather meh.

Each bottle of Revlon's Parfumerie nail polishes sell for £6.49 at Boots.

9 comments:

  1. Great review, really keen to try these :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they release more shades in the future!

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    These nail-polishes are wonderful, I love the packaging, it's very beautiful. The color ''bordeaux'' is my favourite and I really hope that I will can buy one nail-polish of this Revlon's collection. Sorry for my english, I'm french and I made a lot of mistakes :)
    Eléanor (Baignoire-Artistique).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, my French isn't the best either. Bordeaux is wonderful, I'm sure they'll be available in France soon!

      Delete
  3. I love Atumn Spice, I don't think I'd get my hand out from under my nose if I bought it though. I adore spict scents.
    Where did you get your rings? They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wing one is from Claire's and the cross one was from a blogger meetup and is by Kukree jewelery :)

      Delete
  4. I really want Chocolate Truffle! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice that one, I'm quite curious on how yummy it smells

      Delete
  5. This look interesting and I am very curious about them! The handle inparticular intrigues me! I came from the #bbloggers bloghop!

    If you could check out my blog and give me some advice, that would be great!
    Danielle | theperksofprettythings

    ReplyDelete