May 26, 2014

Melt Cosmetics By Starlight Look

As a chronic purple lipstick hoarder, I wanted to pair Melt's By Starlight lipstick with something that wasn't just a simple flick of eyeliner and felt like some heavy eye makeup too. Being a magpie, I thought I'd couple it with some sparkly goodness too.

Today was one of those makeup days where it ended up looking nothing like I had originally planned but ended up being satisfied with it anyway. I was planning on just a simple purple smokey eye but then decided to wing it out with my eyeshadow. I've been feeling as though I don't give my Illamasqua pure pigments as much love for a while so I've been trying to use them more. Static is the first pure pigment I bought, normally it gives off a subtly pink sparkle but over a black base it leans violet. 

After priming, I created a heavy winged cat eye with my black shadow then sweeped the crease with Illamasqua's static pure pigment. I then lined my lower lash line and blended in some of Urban Decay's Urban shadow from the Electric palette. Next, I removed any fall out and applied my foundation, lipstick and blush.

 Products Used
Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
Makeup Geek Shadow in Corrupt
Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Static
Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero
Urban Decay Electric Palette shadow in Urban
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in 233
Melt Cosmetics Lipstick in By Starlight
Illamasqua Powdered Metal in Thalia

3 comments:

  1. I love the shape of that eye look. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the lip colour!!!! and love your blog as well! cheers from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Melt purple lipstick! I'm debating on getting it, but I already have so many purples, lol. How similar is it to Pretty Zombie 3 Witches? That's my favorite purple, & sort of what I measure all other purples against.

    ReplyDelete