May 06, 2014

Color of the Moment Royal Blue

As I've previously mentioned, I'm not in to trends and am rather ignorant towards whatever is 'in' on the runway. So when I say color of the moment, I mean my personal color of the moment. Cobalt Blue is one of those colors that I've found too bright for clothing but makeup wise it's great to add drama. It's always been a shade I've never cared for in the past either but lately I've been obsessed with it so I thought I'd share my favorite bright cobalt blue makeup products.

L-R: CM Bang-Up, Sugarpill Royal Sugar, CM Bulletproof, MUG Neptune, MUA Royal Blue Liner, UD Chaos Liner, Lime Crime Lazuli Liner

Eyeshadow 
All 4 shadows when swatched look similar but there are mild nit-picky differences. Concrete Minerals Bang-Up is packed with shimmer and the lightest of the lot and Sugarpill's Royal Sugar is the darkest with turquoise shimmer. Concrete Minerals Bulletproof shadow is a matte pigment while Makeup Geek's Neptune is a pressed shadow that requires you to layer for opaqueness.

Must Haves - Sugarpill Royal Sugar and Concrete Minerals Bulletproof
Honorable Mention - Urban Decay's Chaos shadow from Vice & Electric palette

Eyeliner
MUA royal blue intense eyeliner was the first MUA item I ever tried, and I was genuinely impressed by the pigmentation but it's not particularly long lasting. I picked up Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Chaos with my employee discount, the color payoff is disappointing as it's nowhere near as vibrant as you expect it to be. I find that the quality of Lime Crime's eyeliners vary with each shade but Lazuli was definitely one of the ones that were formulated perfectly.

Must Haves - MUA Royal Blue Intense Eyeliner & Lime Crime Lazuli
Honorable Mention - Stila Cobalt Waterproof Eyeliner (not tried)

Nails & Lips
I only own one true royal blue shade both nails and lip wise. I adore Barry M's Hi-Shine nail paint range and the shade Blue Grape is a perfect bright cobalt blue polish. For lazy girls like yours truly the shiny finish is great for when you can't be fussed to add a top coat. If you're into strange lipstick shades, Melt Cosmetic's DGAF is the most beautiful blue lip color period.

Must Haves - Both polish and lipstick if you're brave enough
Honorable Mention - Urban Decay Chaos Varnish

Do you have a color that you've never cared for that you're suddenly obsessed with?

10 comments:

  1. only you could pull off a blue lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprisingly wearable, more people need this colour!

      Delete
  2. the lipstick by melt is sooooo pretty, and it really suits you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought it looked quite alright on me and was very surprised by it xD

      Delete
  3. It's definitely a great colour on you. My all time favourite is any shade of purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, again, blue isn't really a color I go for or cared for but recently I've been obsessed!

      Delete
  4. You rock that blue lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel bad ass in it xD

      Delete
  5. This is my favourite colour! Obsessed with urban decay chaos eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get more use out of it, but the quality is excellent!

      Delete