April 10, 2014

Urban Decay Electric Palette Look Tutorial

Despite the electric palette being a rainbow palette, I was quite curious about their silver shade, revolt, as it was the obvious odd one out. I figured Urban (purple) was probably the best shade in the palette to match it with making it a color combination that screams Urban Decay. I'm not a professional and I don't think much of my own makeup skills but I thought I'd share how I achieved this look with a step by step pictutorial. 


1. Prime!
2. Apply Jilted (fuchsia) with a blending brush on the crease
3. Go over it with Urban (bright purple)
4. Use a silver liner (Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Cuff) as a base for the lid
5. Apply Revolt (silver) all over the lid
6. Apply Revolt (silver) on the inner eye corner
7. Apply Urban on your lower lash line
8. Line those eyes and add some mascara or false lashes if you like
Done!

Of course you don't have to have the electric palette to get this look, just use similar shades!

Products Used
Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
Illamasqua Skin Base Life Medium 2
Urban Decay Electric Palette shadows Jilted, Urban & Revolt
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Cuff & Perversion
Urban Decay Ink For Eyes Precision Pen
Benefit Bad Girl Mascara
Illamasqua Hydra Veil
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation 233
Benefit Hello Flawless
Illamasqua Cream Blush in Laid
Too Faces Lip Primer
Kat Von D Lipstick in Lovecraft
Smooch Cosmetics Lipstick in Naughty

Catch my first impressions post on the electric palette here.

6 comments:

  1. This is an awesome look! I could never pull off something this bright and bold, but it looks great on you! Give yourself more credit, this is really good!

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, that's really sweet of you to say!

      Delete
  2. MISH MAKE ME PRETTY LIKE YOU! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O yew. Maybe one day, still have none of the confidence putting makeup on other people xD

      Delete
  3. Hooray for purple :-D this look is great, and it uses Cuff, a pencil I'm somehow never sure what to do with, even though I love it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was the same with my Cuff pencil but it worked out in the end XD

      Delete