April 08, 2014

Shiro Cosmetics Red Wedding Lipgloss

As the new season of Game of Thrones has officially aired, I thought each week I'd write up a post vaguely related to the show. Expect look of the day posts, Game of Thrones' inspired makeup items and general chat about the show. This week's Game of Throne's related post is on the geek themed brand, Shiro Cosmetics' Red Wedding lipgloss.

Left - Red Wedding only, Right - Red Wedding over bright cherry red lipstick

I'm not generally a fan of lipglosses as I feel as though they just destroy the wear time of my lipsticks. Unfortunately, this gloss isn't an exception, but that's just lipglosses for you. Point is, I avoid purchasing them as I rarely use them but I just had to have this one for the novelty factor.

Red Wedding is a beautiful dark red that reminds me of the blood of thy enemies. If you get the reference you'll see the humor and if not, well, I won't go into spoiler territory. It's an excellent gloss to deepen brighter red lipsticks too.

The first thing I noticed was that the gloss has a fruity flavor that reminded me of strawberries but apparently it's flavored like cranberry. The consistency isn't too thick and gloopy like a lot of opaque glosses tend to be.

You can purchase a full size tube with 15 ml of product for $8 (a little under £5) on the Shiro Cosmetics website. They also have a clamshell sample option for $2 if you just want to try it out. If you're outside the US there's usually a $7 (a little under £4.5) shipping fee.

Protip: Shiro is a small indie company so there will be a delay in your order as the owner, Caitlin, will have to manually fulfill your order before shipping. 

2 comments:

  1. Thats a gorgeous colour. I still need to try Shiro lipglosses

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also do custom shades, they seem pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete