April 12, 2014

Lush Ocean Salt Scrub*


I've not used many Lush items outside of their fresh face masks and emotional brilliant range but during last months blogger meet, I was lucky enough to be given a few Lush items. One of these items was today's Ocean Salt face and body scrub, one of Lush's many cleansers.

Let me start off by saying I love the feel of this scrub and feel fresh the moment it touches my skin. I definitely get flash backs of swimming in the sea each time I use this, I even get the salty after taste on my tongue whenever I scrub my face. The texture on this scrub is unlike any other I've tried before, it's definitely a light soft mousse with little lumps.

This is one of Lush's top selling cleansers and it works for a lot of people. However, I find most skin products that aren't face masks or foam cleansers tend to break me out and much to my disdain, this was no different. That said, my breakouts from this cleanser was mild and only on my face, so thankfully, I could still enjoy it as a body scrub. Despite how lumpy it looks in the pot, it's a rather mild scrub and isn't harsh at all on the skin.

The ingredients include coarse and fine sea salt for exfoliation, fresh avocado butter and coconut fat for hydration and fresh lime extracted in vodka for dealing with blocked pores, blemishes and blackheads. Extra ingredients also include fresh grapefruit infusion, lime oil, seaweed absolute and violent leaf absolute.

Overall, I don't think I'll be repurchasing this specific cleanser myself but I would consider trying their alcohol-free version of this. Unfortunately, it seems as if it's only available in the US. Boo.

You can purchase a 125 g pot for £7.25 or a 250g pot for £13.25 from Lush.
*Cleanser was from a goodie bag at an event. No other compensation was made

Reminder: As this is a skin product please be aware what doesn't work for me may work for you and on the other hand you could potentially suffer from more severe breakouts than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment