April 20, 2014

Illamasqua Cream Blushers

As I've already mentioned, I have a somewhat large Illamasqua collection. It's been growing for a while so I haven't really reviewed most of it but I've started tackling the collection. For a long time, I could never understand the concept behind cream blushers, how do you even apply them and how do they even work. However, Illamasqua had a few cream blushers in various sales leading to a few impulse purchases.

L-R: Laid, Rude, Dixie, Seduce, Zygomatic

Laid is a bright rose pink.
Rude is a warm peach pink.
Dixie is a warm coral pink.
Seduce is a warm rose pink.
Zygomatic is a naked pink brown.

Laid was the most intimidating shade out of the lot but I found that applying a little gave a much more toned down shade of pink. I find Zygomatic barely shows on my skin as it's very close to my skin color which makes it excellent for a super subtle glow on myself.

As someone who is really into shimmer powder blushes, I found the dewy finish of cream blushers a nice alternative as I don't tend to use my matte blushers much. It's also perfect for winter time when the harsh weather dries out your skin. I found the cream blushers weren't as long-lasting as their powder blushers. The dewy finish lasted around 4 hours.

I apply this using a blush brush or with just my (clean) fingers. I love that it's multi purpose and you can use the blush as a matching lip color. The only thing I don't like about the blush is that it can look a little messy in the palette but that's mostly if you decide to use it as a gloss.

These currently retail for £21.50 which is a rather astonishing price to pay. It seems Illamasqua have recently had a price hike across their range. As a mild cheapskate I would wait until one of their sales are on or try your luck on Ebay rather than pay full price.

Have you tried cream blushers? Or are you strictly powder blushers only? 

10 comments:

  1. I use only powder blush.. but these "Rude" and "Dixie" look like fabulous !
    XO - http://reviewbynaomie.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same but I'm really enjoying cream blushers now!

      Delete
  2. I have Illamasqua's Brazen and I'm a fan!

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame they discontinued that shade, I would love to try that one out.

      Delete
  3. These have been on my wishlist forever, missed my chance to buy them in the sales :( great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have sales quite often thankfully so you should be able to get them in the future ^^

      Delete
  4. ahh these cream blushes look pretty good! nice and subtle after they are blended on the skin too. my favourite is definitely "rude"!

    Check out my latest posts on the Blog and Happy Easter! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP | Coachella Style Inspo
    RASSP | Easter Recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get more use from Rude, it's such a pretty shade!

      Delete
  5. Fab post! Great pictures and content. So tempted to get my hands on some of these now!

    www.brookdellar.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, would love to see what you think of them!

      Delete