April 16, 2014

5 Lip Products I Regret Buying

It's common for us bloggers to rave about products, so I'm going the other way by talking about a few items I regret wasting my money on. This was meant to be a general products I regret buying post but when it came to making my choices, it turned out I had a lot of lip products. So I thought I'd do a lip edition for now, an eye edition later and possibly a skincare edition later.


Kate Moss Lipstick in 04 - I included this lipstick in my fall favorite lipsticks post because I loved the color and it was my first purple lipstick. However I just can't go beyond the nasty scent it has each time I apply it. I'm unsure if it's just a matter of preference but the smell is unpleasant.

Sleek Matte Me Lip Creams in Birthday Suit and Petal - I'm surprised to say that out of all 3 shades I picked up, it was the two subtle/normal lip colors that I get the least use out of. I find I just end up reaching for lipstick dupes of these shades instead of bothering with these two.

Maybelline Baby Lips - These were so hyped when they came out in the UK and now? Nobody cares apparently. I find that these dry my lips out more than moisturise them.

Lime Crime Babette & Great Pink Planet - Babette was an impulse buy as it was new at the time and it didn't look like the promo pictures either. I find the two look off with my skin tone but I can imagine them suiting others quite well.

Kat Von D lipstick in Celebutard - I purchased this off of ebay so it wasn't too expensive. I find that it's a little too nude and sheer for my liking, making it look rather meh on me.

Which lip products have you bought only to regret later?

8 comments:

  1. I can't agree more with the Rimmel one..I bought it in sales but the scent is making me nauseous...the quality is good, though :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've gotten rid of mine, that said I tried it on again the other day and I didn't notice the smell at all, maybe it's warn off? XD

      Delete
  2. Thats such a shame, I really wanted to try them matte me's!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only those matte mes I don't care for, I really like the bolder ones more.

      Delete
  3. I really wanna try Kat Von D 's makeup one day ! *-*
    Lime Crime Babette & Great Pink Planet are so cuuute, I love the packaging!
    And I do agree, I don't like Maybelline Baby Lips either and NOBODY cares! :p
    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sephora US only recently started shipping to the UK, hopefully they'll be shipping to France soon too

      Delete
  4. The Baby Lips I can agree with! I bought two of them and whilst they both worked well, I wouldn't repurchase them again. :(

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I no longer want mine as my Carmex balm is the only thing that I feel works for me XD

      Delete