March 07, 2014

The Lipstick Tag

1. How many lipsticks do you own?
Had you asked me this a year ago, it would have been less than 15 easily, now? I own 38 full sized lipsticks and 15 sample sized lipsticks and 12 liquid lipsticks (some sample sized ones). There are a few that I feel don't suit my skin tone, you can expect to see them up in my blog sale soon.

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
The first lipstick I owned and purchased myself was Illamasqua's lipstick in Test. I've completely gone through a whole tube of it and have reordered it too, I'm gutted it's been discontinued.

3. What is your favorite lipstick brand?
Illamasqua easily, although Melt Cosmetics is a definite close second. Illamasqua may be a bit dry for some but they're also super durable because of their matte finish. I've not tried their new creamier lipsticks in their Glamore collection yet but I'm curious to try.

4. What is your most worn lipstick?
Illamasqua Test is my go to lipstick when I can't be arsed. Other frequently worn ones are Urban Decay's Venom, Stila Liquid lipstick in Dolce, Kat Von D Lovecraft and Sleek's Fandango Purple.

5. What is your favorite finish?
Matte finishes are my favorite without a doubt, I find a lot of creamy lipsticks fade too easily.

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
The last lipstick arrived in the mail with another and are by Melt Cosmetics. The purple lipstick is By Starlight and the green lipstick is one of their new shades, Blow.

7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
None. I don't tend to carry around big handbags, I prefer my backpack but usually carry a small bag with all my vitals. I may occasionally pocket a lipstick in my coat or camera case though.

8. What is your favorite red lip color?
Lime Crime's Red Velvet velvetine easily. Despite whatever piss poor reputation they have, this is without a doubt my go to red lip color.

9. How do you store your lipsticks?
I used to only keep them in this cheap 24 lipstick display but as my collection has grown I've been keeping all new ones and extras in this bowl. My liquid lipsticks and glosses are now stored in the remote control holder I shared a while ago in this post.

10. Which lipstick are you currently lusting after?
Even though I really have no reason to add another ruddy purple lipstick to the collection, I have my eye on MAC's heroine which is FINALLY available in the UK. It was meant to be available online in January but instead was available first of March. Fun Fact - I've never owned a MAC lipstick.

I wasn't specifically tagged by anyone but Nat from there might be coffee said she tagged all her readers which was where I first saw this. Since I've really been experimenting with lip colors this year causing my lipstick collection to multiply I thought it'd be somewhat fun to do. Anyway, I tag all of you reading this, especially if you have a big lipstick collection. Do feel free to share your posts via twitter or below with me too.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have so many! I am extremely jealous!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I should be ashamed =x

      Delete
  2. Aww I love your answers for your tag! :D

    Thanks for the mention hun. ^_^

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It was actually the first place I'd ever seen the tag :)

      Delete
  3. hahah clearly you love illamasqua. some of their colors are totally awesome and unique! i could see why you'd love them.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah their crazy color range definitely appealed to me XD

      Delete