March 21, 2014

Neve Cosmetics Desert A Levres Lipsticks

If you've not heard of Neve Cosmetics, they're a cruelty-free brand from Italy. When I first saw these lipsticks on CutECOsmetics website last year, I knew I just had to have them. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and these are adorable. I've only recently got my hands on them as the website is having a clearance sale so instead of spending £10 per lipstick, I spent £5.25 on each.



As you can see the packaging on these are simply adorable, I don't think I've ever found it so hard to bin the outer packaging of a lipstick before! I've stored it away in my drawers and it will probably stay there for a while. The purple plastic packaging on the lipstick itself is cutesy yet sleek and definitely not too flamboyant that I'd feel silly applying this in public.

Panna Cotta, Framboise Mousse, Cherry Pie

The collection contains 8 wearable lipstick shades that are inspired by international confectionery and have a strong sweet scent to match the theme. Panna Cotta is a nude cold pink, Framboise Mousse is a raspberry pink although the red undertones didn't photo very well above and Cherry Pie is your standard cherry red.

The formula for these lipsticks remind me of a balm, they contain vegetable oils and shea butter, to keep your lips nourished and soft. They are sheer on first swipe, so you'll have to layer for extra coverage. Even when layered, I feel like it has a semi-sheer finish. Once applied the lipstick tends to last around 4 hours with some fading during a meal but it will make your lips nice and soft. Of course to make it last longer you could always try using a lip liner or lip primer. I've not tried a formula quite like this before but I really love the lipstick for what it is despite normally being a matte lipstick girl.

Overall, despite these not being particularly long-wearing, I love these for being so moisturising. You can grab one on the cutECOsmetics clearance sale for £5.25.

4 comments: