March 09, 2014

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation

Ever since I tried Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation, I knew I had found my staple everyday foundation. However, after enduring my first full UK winter, I found that it would patch on my dry skin. As the foundation works well during the rest of the year, I've been searching for a winter foundation. Enter Illamasqua's rich liquid foundation.

The main reason I decided to try this particular foundation out was because I have a lot of pigmentation scarring from my teenage years and after coming across this review by Hayleycakes I knew that this would provide excellent coverage. As you can tell from above, it does! I've heard of a few people using this I would say that the full coverage lasts for a little over 4 hours and fades a little after that. It easily provided medium level coverage for another 4 hours.

I had assumed the foundation would be non-drying but found that once applied, it had a matte, powder like finish to it. I didn't realise this for a while though and applied powder, ruining it's natural finish. For best results, moisturise before applying or you random dry patches will appear. If your skin is oily you may want to dust powder.

A bottle of Illamasqua's rich liquid foundation retails for £25 and is the cheapest option of the three they sell. If you don't want to go in store to find a color match for yourself, Illamasqua have provided a foundation comparison chart to match foundations from MAC, Nars, Bobbi Brown and more to their skin base foundation. They also have a chart to match with their own rich liquid foundations so you can cross check to find your perfect match.

If you suffer from acne scarring or have pigmentation problems, I would highly recommend you try out Illamasqua's Rich Liquid Fundation due to it's powerful coverage.

2 comments:

  1. I love this foundation! Their 115 shade is one of the few foundations I've found that matches my skintone. Unfortunately mine turned a bit odd after about a year or so and I had to throw a lot of it away, you only need a tiny bit so it lasted forever! I'm still hoping that they add it to one of their sales soon so I can buy a new bottle! I also have skinbase but it doesn't seem to work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of pigmentation so think I probably use more thaan you do, I'll see how long it lasts for me xD Shame the formula went funky on you D:

    ReplyDelete