March 29, 2014

Geek Chic Cosmetics | This Isn't A Democracy | Swatches & LotD

If you've not heard of indie brand Geek Chic Cosmetics, their concept is simple, the make cosmetics based on fun, geeky stuff. I've recently made myself an order of several samples as my wishlist was huge and I can't justify buying all of the shadows. I thought I'd just try out samples of the shadows that interested me and re-order the ones that I loved so much and finished off. These samples are from their Walking Dead inspired collection, This Isn't a Democracy.

Colors from L-R: Stay in the House Carl, Clementine Will Remember, He's Korean & We're All Infected
Stay in the House, Carl is a chocolate brown with copper and golden sparkles. 
Clementine Will Remember is a steel grey full of red, gold and copper sparkles.
He's Korean is described as ruby pearl with soft gold shimmer but I'd say it's dusty rose.
We're All Infected is a bright blue teal with violet interference and sparkle.

Each clam shell sample sells for $1.25 (75p) whilst their full size 1-2g jars with sifters and screw on lid sell for $5.99 (£3.60). A sample typically contains around 1/8th a teaspoon, so it's not a lot but I was surprised to find that there was plenty still left over after swatching and doing a dramatic look.The clam shells are a pain to open up as they're sealed tightly causing a bit of spillage whilst opening. I considered pressing them but eventually, I figured out a way to open it with almost no product flying everywhere.

A quick night time look I did for a house party using We're All Infected on the inner corner of the eye, Clementine Will Remember on the lid and to create the wing. I also used Stay in the House, Carl on my waterline, although it's hard to tell. This was an evening look so when I took photos in the evening the majority of them ended up blurry.

Color I'll Most Likely Be Repurchasing Full Size

Clementine Will Remember is such a gorgeous shade, especially with how the gold reflects depending on how the light hits it. I can't help my magpie ways, but thankfully it's not an outrageous shade that I can easily see myself using quite often.

With an intense new episode of the video game releasing earlier this month, the ending of the 4th season airing soon and with everything that's happening in the last few issues in the comics, it's safe to say I've been on a Walking Dead craze. I love how the collection also includes the video game rather than stick to the television show.

Have you tried anything from Geek Chic Cosmetics?

2 comments:

  1. The colors are amaziiiing! <3 I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the pictures don't do them justice tbh xD

    ReplyDelete