March 02, 2014

Claire's Purple Sand Effect Nail Polish*

So this is my 3rd PR review and the 2nd one by Claire's and I admit there will be a few more as the goodie bag at the event was rather full. Despite this being a PR review, I can genuinely say that I'm quite impressed by Claire's new beauty range. Between this nail polish, the nude palette and the spider web lashes I've become a Claire's convert and tend to take a peak at what's available whenever I go beauty window shopping.

Lip Color is Pretty Zombie Cosmetics 3 Witches, 2 Finger Panther Ring from Claire's*

I've not tried a nail polish with this kind of finish, it reminds me of the finish of the Models Own Velvet Goth collection texture wise. However, this is much more sparkly and really catches your eye in sunlight. I didn't think much of the polish itself in it's bottle but on the nails, it's gorgeous. That said, I can imagine this not being to everyone's taste and may be too glitzy for some. The finish is very chip-resistant and lasted almost a week without a top coat. As a chronic magpie, it's stunning and I'm currently considering going for the same finish in teal.

The instant I saw this bottle, I instantly thought of Nails Inc, turns out it's actually slightly larger than your typical Nails Inc bottle but with the same amount of product and sells for a lower price. With Claire's you get  10ml of product for less than £5, compared to spending £11 per bottle with Nails Inc. The purple sand effect nail polish sells for £4.5 but the price per bottle varies depending on the finish. Some are as low as £1 although most of them are around £2.50 or £3.

Have you tried anything from Claire's new beauty range? What are your thoughts?
*Nail polish and ring are from a goodie bag at an event. No other compensation was made.

4 comments:

  1. The texture on this looks really cool! I haven't tried claires beauty products in years, so I'll definitely have to check them out again!

    shadowlinergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I'm really impressed by the stuff they've been coming out with :)

      Delete
  2. For a Claire's nail polish this looks like something really expensive! It looks lovely. :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It definitely looks luxurious.

      Delete