March 27, 2014

Birmingham Comic Con Favorite Cosplays

I guess this is the 'street style' post of a con. Although, I'll be honest a lot of street style posts don't interest me unless they're ludicrously flambouyant. Each con I attend, there's always a few costumes that manage to blow my mind, especially with the amount of thought and effort that goes into a cosplay and other cosplays for their simple ingenious.


I love when people take a character and add their own twist to it just like in this Steampunk Poison Ivy cosplay. There were quite a few Danaerys Targaeryn's about that day but this one was my favorite. This girl wore her my neighbour totoro dress perfectly, and it's the perfect example of a simple cosplay done well. It was definitely my favorite female cosplay of them all. 


I wasn't going to include any Batman cosplays because they're so overdone and so many of them always but the joker version is so unique, I've never seen it done before and I had to include it. Also, this literal bat-family cosplay is so adorable, how could I not include it?

Two different types of Ice Queens, I don't know which I prefer.

How badass is this cardboard Star Wars Walker? I don't even consider myself a Star Wars fan but I was so impressed by this! There were two guys (or girls, I couldn't tell) in there walking around at the con. It even had a flap that revealed a bunch of stormtroopers in it!

As I mentioned in my previous post, attending this year was a rather last minute decision so I didn't actually end up cosplaying but I did start putting a few things together for a future cosplay. I plan on doing the odd progress post or two for some cosplays so look out for them.

Been to comic con before? Which costumes are your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. That Steampunk Poison Ivy is a gorgeous cosplay! And there was an AT-AT! I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always amazed by the creative cosplays and how well they're executed. You should def catch the next con :)

      Delete