March 11, 2014

Birmingham Blogger Meet 2014

On Saturday I attended a local blogger meet with a whole bunch of various bloggers around the midlands. It was organised by the lovely Jess from Dungarees and Donuts and Charlotte of Charlotte writes. I have to say, I definitely enjoyed this meetup a lot more than last years as it wasn't my first meet so I felt a lot more comfortable meeting a bunch of internet strangers.

After we gathered at the meeting point (I was the last one to arrive - d'oh), we made our way to Selfridges for some shopping. We then began splitting off into small groups, ours ended up getting to know each other whilst drinking some Starbucks. We then made our way to Lush where we tried our hand at making their Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask. The portion above was split into several pots for us to take home. I've already treated myself to some and I love the scent. I can't say how well it works though as there was only enough for two applications.

Photo from Kirsty of Cosmetics Beauty Rainbow. After that we mostly just had a look around Lush. All the staff were super friendly and we had a mini demonstration of their bath bombs.

After LUSH, we headed to Ming Moon for dinner with Chris and Kirsty about Motives cosmetics. We were shown two of their products at the time but I only managed to get a mediocre shot of one of their rich formula lipsticks. I know they're rather popular in the US and I hope I'll be given the opportunity to talk more about their products in a future post. I'm especially keen on trying out Motives la la lipsticks as they were designed to complement multicultural beauties. 

After Ming Moon, Rachel, Hannah, Kirsty, other Kirsty & I decided to go to a cafe nearby to chill out and chat before heading home. Overall, I had a great afternoon and evening. Again, kudos to Jess and Charlotte for organising the event and goodie bags. Also to the folks from Motives and Lush Birmingham who have us a surprisingly generous goodie bag.

Links to a few people who attended, if you were there and I don't have you below, let me know!
Abbigayle Charlotte Hannah Jess Kirsty Rachel Rukhsar Selina Zoe

6 comments:

  1. Aww this looked like so much fun! I wish I had of known about it, or I'd have asked if I could attend to. :') I really want to attend more meets, as I wanna meet more bloggers than I already know and talk about all sorts. ^_^

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yes I'll make sure I try and get you involved and let you know when there's another meet :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like loads of fun, I've never been to a blogger meet but I'd love to. Maybe one day!
    I nominated you for a leibster award: http://ohtofeelpretty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally do it :) And cheers for the nomination :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous blog !!! Thanks for the mention :-) This blog ranked high in a google search I did for Motives in Birmingham ;-) Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries and that's great to hear XD

      Delete