February 19, 2014

WCW | Kat Von D Inspired Makeup

 To carry on with my Women Crush Wednesday themed makeup looks, today I've done a look inspired by Kat Von D. Needless to say, she is gorgeous and I can only dream of looking as stunning as her but for now I can always pretend. I have a lot of respect for her, she's gone from the tattoo business to owning her own makeup line and is making her way into the music industry. I'm quite curious to see which way she'll go with her album, I'm hoping it'll be a lot less mainstream rock and more heavy metal but we'll find out soon enough.

Kat Von D is known for her love of red lips, but as my last look had a lot of red in it, I thought I'd to my own take and went for this purple liquid lipstick by Pretty Zombie Cosmetics. I did this long after sunset so the lighting was poor and I used a lot of artificial lighting which is incredibly annoying as all my neutral eyeshadow work has gone to waste as you can't see any of it. It looks like I'm not even wearing any eyeshadow! Anyway, the key features for this look are the different star sizes on one side of your face and a lightning bolt all Harry Potter style on the other. Add some winged liner and a bold lip color and you're ready to go. Sadly, I've not been blessed with KVD's bone structure to look as pretty but this will have to do for now.

Products Used
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation 233
Max Factor Creme Brulee Powder
Benefit Fake Up in Medium
Makeup Geek Eyeshadows in Shimma Shimma, Glamorous, Creme Brulee, Cocoa Bear & Mocha
Illamasqua Precision Liner in Abyss
Barry M Liquid Liner
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Scorch
Barry M Kohl Eyeliner
YSL Volume Mascara
Illamasqua Blush in Ambition
Pretty Zombie Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Purple Poison

6 comments:

  1. Oooooooooft, more gorgeous than the lady herself! The liquid lipstick suits you down to the ground! Love love love :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can't imagine being more gorgeous than KVD XD But yeah the lip color is wonderful ^^

      Delete
  2. Love it, the little stars look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww thanks, I had fun sitting at home wearing them and playing make believe xD

      Delete