February 05, 2014

WCW | Emilie Autumn Inspired Makeup

It's been a while since I've done any sort of makeup series or just look of the day posts in general. I thought for the month of February I'd do a few Woman Crush Wednesday inspired looks. I have three planned so far but if I came up with any more ideas or if people have any requests or suggestions, I may extend it to a couple more looks. Today's look is based on a gorgeous redhead singer and violinist called Emilie Autumn.

Now I admit this is one is definitely the most superficial out of all three that I have planned as I haven't heard a single song of hers. I've only come across her as many people in my friendship group have mentioned her and have attended a few of her shows. From all the interesting stories I've heard I've been tempted to attend a gig myself as it's always nice to see something different to just another band playing on stage (not that there's anything wrong with that of course).

Since Emilie has red hair and often wears white when she performs I thought I may as well put on my red wig and only white top on for this look. I decided to go for heavy messy eye shadow Emilie rather than winged eyeliner red eyeshadow Emilie because I've not really done anything too messy in a while. I did this without any reference images at hand and realised much later that I may have drawn the heart a little too far from my eyes. The only thing I was missing was a couple of individual lashes to stick on to the bottom lid but I only own full sets and don't want to cut them into pieces yet.

Products Used
Illamasqua Hydra Veil
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foudation in 233
Concrete Minerals Eyeshadow Primer
Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Corrupt
Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Bitten
Sugarpill eyeshadow in @#$%!
Vitage eye color in Spiced Coffee
Illamasqua pencil liner in Feisty
Illamasqua lipstick in Maneater
Barry M Liquid Liner
Illamasqua Precision Ink in Abyss
Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Distortion
Illamasqua Foundation Powder in 200

Ever heard of Emilie Autumn before? Is there anyone you'd like to see in this series?

3 comments:

  1. Red hair really suits you! The make-up is lovely.

    I love Emilie Autumn. I was going to attend one of her gigs when she came to Nottingham a few years back and missed it because I was away, and I haven't gotten around to booking to go since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww thanks, again, it's just a wig I feel like a hair fraud any time I wear them >.< I think I may try and catch 'em next time they're around

      Delete