February 16, 2014

Urban Decay | Heavy Metal Glitter Liners

Last year Urban Decay relaunched their heavy metal glitter liners with new packaging and a few new shades. I've owned a few shades in the old collection but decided to pick up two new ones that weren't similar at all to any of the ones I already own. Sadly, my old ones are back home so there aren't any photos to compare the new packaging with the old nor share swatches of them.

Swatches from L-R: one swipe, 3 swipes/layers & multiple layers over black liner

The two shades I ended up picking up were distortion and spandex. Distortion is described as iridescent glitter and in it's container looks like generic sparkle but when you apply it over eyeshadow or eyeliners you'll notice that it has a blue-green gradient of sparkle depending on how it reflects the light. However, it mostly comes off as a light green shine. You can see another example of it on the heart in my Emilie Autumn look. Spandex is described as a deep blue black with iridescent glitter. On it's own it seems rather black but if you apply it over black liner it sparkles blue, you can check out the effect on my new years look.

As far as I can tell the formula is the same as the old style liners as they all have the same clear base with micro glitters. That said spandex seems to have a darker liquid to it even though it's still transparent. Once the formula sets, it stays put, even with some serious rubbing. You will need to layer the liner for a full line of glitter but there's a black stopper in the tube that you can pull out to get more product. The thin brush doesn't fray and is excellent for precise application.

Each tube costs £14 and you get these at Debenhams or House of Fraser. I personally find these really pricey, especially as I know I'm not going to use these as much as their 24/7 eye liner pencils which cost the same and there are some drugstore brands that sell glitter liners for a much cheaper price.

Have you tried Urban Decay's glitter liners? What do you think of them?

8 comments:

  1. These eyeliners look great, especially the blue one. I've never tried a glitter eyeliner :)

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try one out they really glam up looks ^^

      Delete
  2. Im always tempted by stuff like this but im not brave enough for all this glitter :)

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to experiment and you don't need to go crazy with glitter, adding a little is a subtle way to do it ^^

      Delete
  3. I have a few of the old ones, I've been tempted to pick up the re-launch but I think I'll wait till they're bundled in a set at a discount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god I hope they do bundle them all, I'd totally grab some!

      Delete
  4. I used to have some of the older ones but they dried out and I never got around to picking any new ones up but reading your review and seeing the swatches, I think that may have to change!
    CanvasOfAFace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, do check 'em out. I'm surprised your old ones dried out, mines were still in good condition

      Delete