February 12, 2014

Soapopotamus | Lumpy Space Princess Soap

Months ago, I stumbled upon Buzzfeed's list of '10 cult beauty brands on etsy' (link) and bookmarked the ones that interested me. A couple of weeks ago I revisited the stores and noticed that one of them sold a lumpy space princess soap and just like that, I made yet another impulse purchase. I have no idea how this review is going to go down because aside from "it's soap" and "it smells nice" I don't know if there's much else many of you are interested in but here goes nothing. 

The second I opened up the box, I couldn't place the smell of the soap, it definitely smelled sweet and somewhat sugary. It was a strange scent that I'm not used to as I generally go for boring vanilla type scents and I was incredibly silly and didn't bother reading the product description when purchasing. I was just like Oh my glob Melissa I need this in my life. The store owner, Regina, took influence from the purple and fluffy bits of this princess for the scent and included blueberries, raspberries, marshmallows and spun sugar.

The soaps main ingredient along with most of the other soaps in her store contains goats milk which in retrospect sounds pretty damn weird. Whilst showering I can't help but think I'm putting milk...from a goat...all over my body...riiight. So why goats milk? Because apparently it contains moisturising properties. I admit I was doubtful at first but I've noticed a serious decline in itching since I've begun using it. Aside from goats milk, the ingredients also include coconut oil, palm oil, castor oil, safflower oil, glycerin, purified water, sodium hydroxide, sorbitan oleate, soybean protein, titanium dioxide along with the fragrance and colorants.

The soap itself is rather inexpensive at £2.50, the problem is that it is based in the US so you end up paying more than double the price for shipping which is rather silly. Aside from this lumpy themed soap, the store also sells several food themed soaps along with a few solid perfumes and a big selection of lip balms. Even if you don't buy anything, you should at the very least check out all the pretty wares available at the Soapopotamus store on etsy.

Have you tried any specialty soaps from etsy or other indie brands before?

2 comments:

  1. Nooo :D #mewants !! Lumpy is the best, I must consider about buying this :3
    x Lara
    http://laralizard.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, LSP is hilarious xD soap lasted a good month as well.

      Delete