February 23, 2014

Pretty Zombie Cosmetics | Liquid Lipsticks

The moment I tried my first liquid lipstick, I fell in love. A personal important factor with any makeup item is how long lasting they are. When I get ready for a night out, I avoid reapplying makeup and leave it all at home. Long story short, I've become addicted to liquid lipsticks. Today's liquid lipsticks and swatches are by an indie brand called Pretty Zombie Cosmetics.

Last year, Lime Crime mentioned introducing a purple velvetine in fall on their blog. When Autumn finally came, Lime Crime released a Pink Velvet, leaving me disappointed. So I approached the all knowing Google for some purple liquid lipsticks, found Pretty Zombie Cosmetics and made my order. That said, when Lime Crime came out with their Clueless Witch collection, I wanted to kick myself for ordering these already. However, once I saw swatches, I wasn't impressed by them. Mostly as there still was no purple velvetine in sight.

I admit when I first saw these online and when I received them I had low expectations mostly due to the packaging. It comes off as rather cheap especially with the sticker label that doesn't even cover the entire handle. I also don't like that the thickness of the handle doesn't match the rest of the tube. I do hope that some time in the future the brand does redo the packaging but I can appreciate that obviously this keeps the liquid lipstick affordable.

Although there aren't any directions on the products themselves, the website says that these take 90 seconds to dry up completely. Personally, I found that Purple Poison was the only one that doesn't really dry up and it's also the messiest one that tends to go all over the place during a meal, especially an oily one. Even though it moves everywhere the color still manages to stay rather vibrant on your lips. I found that 3 Witches and Black Cat would leave a light stain on anything my lips touched but it was no where near as messy as Purple Poison. Even though it would transfer onto other items, you would not lose color on your lips

These lipsticks are quite durable and even passed meal tests unless you're having an oily dish which caused Purple Poison to be super messy. I would say that each of these easily last beyond 6 hours of wear without reapplying, unless you eat a fair few meals within those hours. I find that these can be a little bit drying but not enough to cause extreme flaky lips after applying. I didn't even moisturise, scrub nor prime my lips before wearing them. All in all, they aren't as silky as the Stila liquid lipsticks but they last much longer. 


Colors L-R & Top to Bottom: Purple Poison, 3 Witches & Black Cat

Purple Poison is definitely a pinkish purple, 3 Witches is a kinky looking violet and Black Cat is a true black. Pretty Zombie Cosmetics also sell these in pinks and a red. They've also recently come out with a blue shade this month and I'm quite keen to see what other colors they introduce. Each liquid lipstick contains 7g of product and sells for $11 which is roughly £7 each. They even offer the option to purchase all 7 shades at a discount. With the lower price and extra product, I definitely feel these are decent alternatives for Lime Crime's Velvetines.

24 comments:

  1. Ooo Purple Poison looks beautiful! :D

    I'll definitely be checking these out. ^_^

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, glad you like 'em that much

      Delete
  2. The purple/violet ones are pretty...but the black one is oh-so-beautiful, and I'm not even a fan of black lips :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, its definitely the blackest lip item i own

      Delete
  3. Wow those are AWESOME. I wish I had the 'look' and the courage to wear colors like this out and about!

    kittencuddler.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww you should try them anyway XD

      Delete
  4. 3 Witches is totally my jam. It just looks so gorgeous! Wish I had the guts to wear them casually (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still self conscious trying to wear purple poison and black cat out but i get more complements than nasty comments

      Delete
  5. Although I agree with most of your comments about this product I think it sounds quite ignorant when you talk about the packaging looking cheap. A lot of the high end designer products keep packaging to a minimum too. The plastic strip doesn't need to be any longer as it is only in place to guarantee it hasn't been opened and used before you get it. It's also more environmentally friendly keeping waste to a minimum!
    -Arms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I meant more the design of the product itself could look 'prettier' not the plastic packaging thing (that I'm 100% fine with) and I appreciate it keeps the price down making it cheaper to buy.

      What I meant was the sticker with the zombie on the silver part is what doesn't cover it. I admit it is just nitpicking and the products themselves are absolutely great, I plan on picking up a few of their other colors too.

      Delete
  6. Which brand do you consider or did you experience as more long lasting over the day? Greets!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for taking ages to reply! It varies between each shade with PZC to be honest! I'd imagine it to be similar with the LC Velvetines. I think really they're similar in terms of how long they last, but you get more product for less with PZC, definitely less drying as well. Purple Poison is the only messy shade of the 3 I had that I'd say doesn't last as long but the other two i'd say lasted longer. Tbh though, I've not worn my Red Velvet Velvetine in a while.

      Delete
  7. We are in love with these liquid lipsticks and are happy to let you know they are now available in the uk from
    http://www.cutecosmetics.co.uk/pretty-zombie-141-c.asp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the 3 witches! Such a nice colour

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you have to pay customs fees at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I ordered 3 I didn't pay any customs but they've raised the prices to $12 now and customs now charge if the value is as low as £15 now.

      Delete
  10. Have you ordered lime crime's pansy yet?? Looking forward to a review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not done so, I'm unsure if I will be as I already pre-ordered the Jeffree Star one, however more purples are always tempting :P

      Delete
    2. LC's Pansy IMO is absolutely nothing like how it's pictured on LC's site. It's not a true royal purple like they say, it's more magenta purple. So if you're looking for something like 3 Witches, you'd be disappointed with Pansy. Pansy is more similar to Purple poison, but you're better of with Purple Poison because IMO, PZ's formula is way superior to LC's. It's more opaque in one swipe, goes on more evenly, & wears longer, at least on me. I want to get a black matte-I think I'm definitely gonna go with PZ's black over LC for sure.

      Delete
    3. Lime Crime aren't supplying new stock to uk suppliers anymore, so I probably won't be bothering with Pansy anyway, also I had seen some comparison swatches and it definitely came across as a magenta pinky purple :)

      Delete
  11. WOW! loving the pigmentation and colour.
    halfbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! loving the pigmentation and colour.
    halfbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete