February 09, 2014

Illamasqua Intense Lipglosses

I own a lot of Illamasqua products, so many that I've put off reviewing their stuff as it's somewhat overwhelming to swatch and I didn't really know where to start. It definitely doesn't help that my collection is constantly growing. This is not me showing off, this is more like admitting I have an addiction to crack. I've finally decided it's time I make my way through the collection. I thought I'd start off with one of my favourites by Illamasqua, their intense lipglosses.
 
When I purchased my very first intense lipgloss, it was in their old style tube packaging where you'd have to squeeze the gloss out. I definitely prefer the aesthetics of the new square packaging as it suits the rest of the squared products in the Illamasqua range. However, the new brush applicator in selected glosses can be spiky right at the tip of the brush causing mild scratching. That said, it's only in two of my glosses and you can avoid this by just patting the gloss on or using a lip brush if you rather swipe it on.
  
How many brands do you know of that have such a colorful variety of lipglosses? Needless to say my inner unicorn was immediately attracted to the colour range Illamasqua boasts in-store. Little did I know that these would spoil all other glosses out there for me. The majority of the shades I own are super thick and pigmented enough to wear alone. It's no wonder Illamasqua refer to these as liquid lipsticks.

Top: Maiden, Indulge, Belladonna
Middle: Move, Fierce, Gender
Bottom: Shoot, Galactic, Repulse

I'm surprised to find that out of all 9 shades, Maiden, one of Illamasqua's more recent releases, is the least pigmented. I've tried layering the gloss over itself several times but can never make it appear as lovely as all the other intense glosses do solo. That said, it's not the kind of color I'd apply alone, I'd definitely pair it with a lipstick.

My favorite shades are Move, Belladonna and Fierce. I've used galactic a fair bit for fancy dress and also by mixing a little with various lip liners. Gender is the only shade I've not gotten any use out of, I'm not quite sure what to do with it yet but I've been considering trying out some lip art with it. Shoot is a wonderful leafy green that seems perfect for a cosplay of a comic book version of poison ivy. On another note, I felt like a member of Loki's army wearing it. 

Each intense lipgloss retails for £14.50 and can be found on Illamasqua.com. I'm not generally a gloss person but if you're looking for a pigmented gloss to match any matte lipsticks you own, I'd definitely recommend these.

Have you tried any of Illamasqua's intense glosses? Which ones are your favourite?

12 comments:

  1. Wow, they look amazing!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Fierce' look gorgeous! I love the Illamasqua glosses, I have a few myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fierce seems to be a favorite amongst most ^^

      Delete
  3. The purple and the pinks look so good! ♡

    xoxo Aubree
    www.macaronsandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Belladonna and fierce too ^^

      Delete
  4. wow these are gorgeous, especially the purple one! wow! I too am not really into lipglosses but these look fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their lip glosses really do look amazing! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, I didn't even use any lipstick under them!

      Delete
  6. Love the amazing range of colours that Illamasqua do! Particularly love the first and second row, but they all look amazing on you! Just started following you :) Josie xxx

    http://josielcross.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their color range is definitely what sucked me in ^^

      Delete