January 26, 2014

Urban Decay Nail Polishes in Zodiac & Blackheart

If you follow me on Instagram, you'd have noticed I posted up an image featuring a whole bunch of Urban Decay products I got on discount (which I did not use to purchase a Naked 3 palette) and more recently an image featuring a nail swatch of one of their newest nail polish colors, Zodiac. Zodiac and Blackheart are both the newest shades in the Urban Decay lineup of what is now 4 nail polishes in the new revamped packaging.

I'm not going to deny that the skull on the bottle wasn't one of the main features that attracted me to these polishes. I adore the little skulls on the handle but I can definitely imagine it putting a fair few people off. Despite the pretty packaging, I stopped myself from trying out Vice and Addiction back when they first released as I already owned a dark purple shade that was very similar and I knew I wouldn't get much wear with a silver. So when these two beautiful shades released, with Zodiac having glitter in it and Blackheart just seemed like a delightfully odd and dark shade to wear, I decided to grab both shades. Ever since purchase, I've only been applying these on my nails.

Zodiac is described as a smoky green with gold, green and blue 3D-micro glitter. Emerald is probably so 2013 but I couldn't resist this polish especially with the glitter finish. Urban Decay also have the same shade in their moondust eyeshadow range. I found the polish rather sheer so you will have to give it an extra 2 for full opacity. I'm not entirely sure what 3D micro glitter is but this is the only glitter nail polish that is easy to remove, normally I have to really soak up my nails in acetone to remove polishes with any kind of particles and even then there's always some bits left over on your nails.

Blackheart is a smoky 'greige' with red and multi-colored shimmer. This was a really difficult color to photograph, I tried so many angles and flash but I couldn't capture the duo-chrome like effect it has. It's a really beautiful but odd color. I believe one of the shadows in the Naked 3 palette and the double-ended liners is also called Blackheart and it has the same grey-beige with red shuimmer aspect to it. I've actually worn Blackheart far more times than Zodiac as it's a neutral shade that doesn't tend to clash with my makeup and is an interesting alternative to the stereotypical black nail polish, it's also much more interesting to stare at in sunlight too.

Both Blackheart and Zodiac are super durable and dried really quickly. I had minimal chipping but there was still a little of it after a few days of wear without any sort of top coat for protection. I felt as though Blackheart applied better than Zodiac as it's more opaque. Each bottle retails for £10, but I was managed to get mines for a little under £8 each. It may be a little too pricey for some but it definitely makes a beautiful gift at the very least and for any hoarders out there, the good thing is there's only 4 shades in the entire collection so it won't completely destroy your bank balance.

Have you tried Urban Decay's new polishes? What do you think of them?

9 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous! I think I'd like Blackheart the most since it's my favourite shadow in NAKED3.

    RIKKI
    // RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really bizarre nail polish color, I think duochrome items are going to be my new obsession.

      Delete
  2. Both are gorgeous shades! But I will go with Blackheart!

    www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised it's more popular than zodiac to be honest xD

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The packaging is definitely what made me go YUP TOTALLY GETTING THIS

      Delete
  4. I'd buy them just for the packaging (: Amazing rings!! Where is the second one from? Glad I found you through #lbloggers xx

    mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second ring was from the brumbloggermeet by a company called kukee, website is kukee.co.uk but i struggle to find it on there >.<

      Delete