January 15, 2014

Sephora Give Me More Lip Set | Pinks

As I've mentioned before, I managed to get me hands on the Sephora Give Me More Lip Set Sampler and have used each item a fair few times to give a more detailed review. I figured the whole set review may have been useless but you can still buy each individual item so these mini reviews may interest some. I've already gone through the reds last week, today's post is on the pinks in the collection.

Top: KVD Backstage Bambi, Smashbox Pout
Bottom: Too Faced MarshMallow Bunny, Bare Minerals Never Say Never

Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Backstage Bambi This was one of the main reasons I had to get this set, I've been quite curious to try out KVD's liquid lipsticks for a while and as it's not a brand that's available in the UK for an especially decent price. It wasn't particularly drying but I did feel mild tingling the first time I wore it but never again after that. You do need to layer it for full opacity. It's not drying initially but after a couple of hours it feels slightly drier and lasts through a few meals before it begind to fade in the center at all.

Smashbox Lip Gloss in Pout I was expecting this to be a really opaque gloss and considering the strawberry milkshake shade, I'm really glad that it's not especially with my skin tone. Even when you apply a thick layer, it doesn't come out too pink, I prefer spreading the gloss to a sheer layer. I was amazed to find how moisturising it was, my lips felt conditioned for at least 6 hours. I now layer this over matte lipsticks to give that glossy finish and found it doesn't change the lipstick color as long as you apply a little.

Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Marshmallow Bunny This is a full sized item of a lipstick I've been quite curious to try for a while, admittedly more so because of the pretty shiny packaging (terminal magpie). I am honestly gutted to say that I was incredibly disappointed, because the one shade that Sephora decided to add to this set was a sheer lipstick. It feels like lipgloss instead of a lipstick except gloss won't tug on any dry patches and can apply everywhere easily. I can't really see myself getting much use out of this, so don't be surprised if this ends up on the blog sale soon.

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Never Say Never I've never owned anything by Bare Minerals and for a first product by them, I'm really impressed by this. I love the formula for this lipstick it's creamy without sacrificing durability and lasts a fair few hours instead of fading away. The first time I wore this I felt that it was too neon but it was just cause I was wearing it at night and the yellow lighting made it look...icky. When I wore this again in daylight, it looked much better and it's brighter in real life than in any of the photos I've taken of it. The bright pink lip has definitely grown on me.

Overall out of this color set I loved all but the Too Faced lipstick. I'm also kinda gutted that the only two opaque colors in this are bright fuschia pink instead of a mix.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect! I like all ♥

    Bisous,
    Maêva du blog:
    http://quotidiendunefille.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try the Kat Von D and Too Faced.

    RIKKI //
    RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KVD one is cool, you have better access to it at a cheaper price too :P You should definitely go for it :)

      Delete