January 22, 2014

Sephora Give Me More Lip Set | Nudes


If you don't already know, I've managed to get my hands on the Sephora Give Me More Lip Set and have decided to give a detailed review on each of the items in the set. Although the set is no longer available for purchase, making a review of the whole set useless, you can purchase each item individually so you may get some use out of this review. I'm going through the whole collection by color sets and have already reviewed the reds and pinks, today I'm going through my least anticipated color set, the nudes.

Top: Smashbox Nylon Nude, Laura Mercier Bare Naked
Bottom: Buxom White Russian, Stila Dolce

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Nylon Nude I've not tried anything by Smashbox before so I was looking forward to trying this out. My first thoughts were this lipstick is so gosh darn nude, it barely shows on my lips! It's not even a 'my lips but better' shade, it's just very sheer and although it has a lovely creamy texture it doesn't seem to last particularly long and disappears within a meal or even just a drink or two. Overall, it's definitely a 'meh' shade.

Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Naked I wore this gloss over the above Smashbox lipstick and felt as though this was more opaque than the lipstick! Which is a little bit ridiculous. After a bit more testing I think they both just have similar coverage and it's just easier to layer this gloss than the lipstick. It's unscented and leaves your lips feeling lovely and moist throughout the day only when worn alone but the color fades shortly after application.

Buxom Full On Lip-Cream in White Russian I've been given the impression that Buxom are rather popular in the states but I don't hear many people here wishing these were about. The first thing I noticed that surprised me was that this gloss had a minty feel that gave off a strong tingling sensation for up to 3 hours. It gives no coverage but definitely moistens the lips quite well and keeps them hydrated for a while.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in 02 Dolce This is yet another matte liquid lipstick that I've been curious to try out. It does have a sort of sickly vanilla scent, some people may like the smell but I found it rather off-putting but after using it a couple of times I stopped noticing the scent. Either way, the first few times I wore it, I stopped noticing it in a few minutes. Once it 'mattified' on my lips, my lips definitely didn't feel dry compared to all the other mattifying lip creams I've tried. It's also a lovely shade that I've worn so many times, I've even worn it in one of my look of the day posts. I definitely plan on repurchasing the full product when I finish off this sample. My only issue with this is that when applying I find that it always without fail gets on my teeth but a quick clean up and the problem is solved.

Overall, Stila's liquid lipstick is a definite repurchase and might just be my new everyday lip color. Although the other products are nice-ish I don't care too much for them.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, none of them are calling out to me, but I'm just very picky about my nudes.

    RIKKI
    // RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of them look really similar, I think different nudes suit different people, stilas dolce works well with me.

    ReplyDelete