January 02, 2014

A Simple New Years LotD

 New Years is overrated, I don't think I've ever had an incredibly awesome night on New Years, 'awesome' time is seldom planned and just happens unexpectedly. That said, I do try to make the most out of New Years. This year is the first time I've ever spent New Years away from family, being 22, I should probably be embarrassed by this but I've accepted my overly protective upbringing. As it was the first new years spent with friends it was also the first time I put any effort at all (so...little) into my makeup for New Years.

This actually isn't too far from my everyday face, the difference is I don't bother adding a neutral shadow, nor glitter liner and definitely no blusher or mascara. So essentially, my everyday boring face is just nude beige lipstick and eyeliner. With all the fireworks that happen on New Years, I figured I may as well add some glitter. Sadly I took these photos at night so the dark blue Urban Decay glitter liner doesn't show up as well with all the flash in the photos.

This was really easy and simple to do, all I did for the eyes was apply a skin colored shadow all over the lid then apply dark eyeliner and smudged it with a small eye makeup brush and reapplied and smudge. When the brush became a bit stiff with too much eyeliner, I rubbed the brush on the tip of the eyeliner pencil and carried on smudging the makeup around my eyes. Next, I applied Urban Decay's Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Spandex on my lower lash line, layered it a few times, applied mascara and the look was effectively done. That said, I thought I'd use Urban Decay's Shadow pencil in Sin as a highlighter to finish off the look.

Products Used
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in No 10
Illamasqua Powdered Metal in Thalia
Sleek Makeup Blusher in Rose Gold
Vitage eye color in Spiced Coffee
MakeUp Geek shadow in Creme Brulee
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Perversion
Urban Decay 24/7 shadow pencil in Sin
Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Spandex
Stila stay all day liquid lipstick sample in Dolce

3 comments:

  1. Love the necklace and makeup look! Gorgeous! Happy New Year!

    xoxo Aubree
    www.macaronsandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete