January 05, 2014

20 Dupes for Urban Decay's Naked Palettes

Also known as 20 reasons I couldn't care less that Urban Decay has come out with yet another Naked palette. Let me say, I adore Urban Decay, they are definitely one of my favorite brands out there but I'm just one of those people that prefer my eye shadow collection to look like unicorn poop. That said, I have been tempted to get a nice neutral palette but at £37 the Naked palettes are definitely one of the most expensive neutral palettes out there and I'm not willing to spend that much money on a palette I may occasionally use.

Urban Decay Naked Dupes

Urban Decay Naked Dupes 2
Between £20-£30 NYX Nude on Nude | The Balm Nude Tude | Too Faced Natural Eye | Clinique All About Shadow (Out of Stock)

Less Than £37 Laura Mercier Artist Palette (Limited Edition?) | Makeup Geek Starter Kit | Kat Von D Saint (UK) | Clarins The Essentials (Limited Edition)

UKUnavailable
Sephora Primal Instincts | LORAC Unzipped Palette (UK, higher price) | Lorac Pro Palette (UK)

 So, I've resolved into looking into other palettes. I don't know why considering how I'm lucky enough to have been gifted Makeup Geek's Starter Kit by the Makeup Geek crew and they're constantly my go to shadows when I do need neutral colors for a certain look. Either way, as you can see, not only are there a lot of alternative palettes out there but they're also far more affordable ones too.

The ones that tempt me most out of all of these are the Beauty Bay palettes, as there seems to be one to match each Urban Decay palette, they're new and I haven't seen any reviews in the blogging community yet which is why I'm currently unsure. The Coastal Scents Revealed palette is said to be a 3 in 1 palette, in that it's meant to have dupes for shades across all 3 Naked palettes, I'm just unsure of the quality as Coastal Scents palettes are generally just repackaged ones from China.

The only other two that have tempted me recently are the Laura Mercier Artist Palette along with the Lorac Pro palette. Since I generally don't bother looking at nude palette blog posts, I think the Laura Mercier one is limited edition, so I think I've lost all opportunity to ever try that one out. That said, it's still on the pricier side. The Lorac Pro palette shouldn't be so expensive but since there's no official Lorac retailer here, it ends up being more costly than a Naked palette.

I'm sure there are plenty of other natural/nude eyeshadow palette dupes out there, these were just a few that I came up with at the top of my head. Feel free to share a few others and I may add readers recommendations to the list.

So, have you not bought in to the Naked3 palette hype? Are there other high quality but affordable nude palettes that you'd recommend for us unicorns who may want to occasionally tone down our colorful faces? Let me know below!

3 comments:

  1. I don't own any of the Naked palettes right now. When I saw the Naked 3 palette I was like, "oooo so pretty! I need!" but I'm the same way as you- I don't use neutrals enough to justify getting that one! I went through a phase a few months ago where I only wore neutral shadows, but I did just buy the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette... I think I'm good on neutrals for a while. Every time I think about buying the Naked 3 I try to remind myself that 95% of the shadows I've used for the last month are from Sugarpill! haha

    shadowlinergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's the same here, I'm just useless with neutrals, think I'm going to try using them more cause I feel like I just don't see any difference when I use them =/

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of shimmer and to me it would be a big waste of sweet $$$ to get any of the Nakeds, since they're about 50/50 matte and shimmery? Actually had a nightmare that I bought one of them, lol.

    I really wanted a neutral palette with a lot of colours for the price since I don't have very many eyeshadows anyway and ended up going with the NYX Bohemian Chic palette. Though they look like they have a tiny bit of shimmer in them, the colours look matte when you put them on. A lot of the shades are a bit too similar imo, but for 18 $ (NYX's own online store) I think it's a decent deal.

    I'm actually kinda a fan of matte nudes, so thank you for all the new suggestions for what I might want to try later :D

    ReplyDelete