December 15, 2013

Urban Decay Naked 24/7 Glide-On Double-Ended Eye Pencils

A lot of people have been rather vocal about the new Naked3 palette, whether it be about how they must have it or about how boring it is. With the whole beauty world busy focusing on the new palette, I had no idea that Urban Decay was also releasing double-ended eye pencils for each of their Naked palettes. That's 4 double ended eyeliner pencils for the Naked palette, Naked 2, Naked3 and the Naked Basics palette.

The main reason behind my purchasing this is that I've actually only recently bought myself the single pencil liner in Perversion (the blackest black) and have fallen in love with it so much that I'm getting through the product faster than I'd like. So I figure that these would be some nice alternative shades to wear for work and I can savor Perversion for social events.

I ended up picking up only 2 out of the 4 choices available as Naked contains shades that are available in the full collection that I've swatched and didn't care for and Naked 2 had Perversion, which I already own along with another shade that I wasn't so sure would look right on my skin. The Naked 3 and Naked Basics pencils both contain colors that aren't currently available as single eyeliners. I'm unsure as to whether they used to be available previously though.

Naked Basics The two shades are rather yin and yang with Crave being the deepest, darkest brown-black matte whilst Venus is a soft, off-white shimmer great for highlighting. 

Naked 3 The two shades in this are Darkside (my mind instantly thinks of the villain Darkseid) which is a purple taupe shade with a satin finish and the standout shade Blackheart, which is a smoky black matte with a rosy red micro glitter finish. The pictures for Blackheart really don't do it justice.

Personally, I love the idea of these as when it comes to Urban Decay's 24/7 eye pencils, I'm instantly attracted to the bright and colorful shades and haven't been keen on spending money on a boring shade at all. However, as these are essentially 2 in 1 liners and cheaper than the singles at £12 compared to£14 it was a no-brainer. If you haven't tried any of Urban Decay's eyeliners, it's definitely a great way to test them out for yourself too. If you've been looking for a really black eyeliner I would recommend you try out Naked 2 as it has Perversion, 

As far as I can tell these have the same consistency as the rest of the 24/7 eyeliner range, they're wonderfully creamy and incredibly long lasting. I really had to rub my hands to get rid of the eyeliner on it for all but Venus as it's the lightest color.

I think these have only recently released in the states whilst these won't really be fully available in most places in the UK until the 20th of this month but guess what guys? Debenhams have these in and they're 10% off. For some reason Naked 2 and Naked 1 are listed as sold out though so you'd best pop in store to grab these.

Will you be trying out these eyeliners at all? Or are you all keen on the Naked 3 palette? Let me know below!


No comments:

Post a Comment