December 24, 2013

Lush Rudolph Face Mask Review

As a vast majority of you are aware, Christmas is only a few days away and Lush, as per usual, have released a couple festive themed products. As it's the first time I'm in the UK/any country where Christmas is a 'thing', this is the first time I've been able to indulge in all of it's consumerist glory and have grabbed myself this Rudolph face mask. It is a seasonal mask so it won't be around in stores for much longer until next winter. So why the name? The pictures below will explain.

As far as I'm aware, the red jelly in the centre is solely for decoration purposes. I've not tried to stick it on my nose either. The ingredients for the face mask consists of cucumber, kaolin, oatmeal, tofu, coconut oil, mint, green tea powder and lavender oil. 

On my first application, this was really awful to apply. I would scoop a little out and apply it on my face but it wouldn't even stick to it. Also there was a fair bit of fallout. So on my first two applies, I sat there with barely any face mask on me, which really did not do much.

It wasn't until my 3rd try that I figured out how to apply it effectively, I had to leave it on the side for a an hour or two so it'd be less crumbly and basically scooped out a lot and just slapped it all over my face, I was very liberal as I applied it over the bathroom sink so I didn't care about fall out and it seemed to do the trick.

Did it work? Honestly, I felt like there was some improvement but it's not as effective as some of the other face masks by them I've used. As my skin isn't usually red on my face but it definitely left my skin looking and feeling smooth. 

Would I recommend? Honestly? I don't think I'd buy this again next year so for that reason...no, unless your skin goes red in the winter months I don't think this is particularly 'great' and I can see why it sells for just the Christmas season.

A tub of any fresh face mask by Lush sells for £5.95, but Rudolph retails for £5.50. Have you tried out any of Lush's Christmas related products? Share your thoughts below!


4 comments:

  1. I've kinda given up on Lush Masks, they have done sweet f**k all for me. On the other hand, their cleansers are fab! Ultrabland is the one!

    Halima

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange, I find they're the only ones that do work well for me, otherwise i react negatively due to having sensitive skin T.T

      Delete
  2. Great review! I've never tried lush before, but I really want to soon! The names on their products are so cute! I don't really have issues with redness though, so I probably would never try this mask

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kind of regret getting this, it was an impulse purchase for sure, i'll stick to my usual in future me thinks xD

      Delete