December 06, 2013

If I Celebrated Christmas...

Also known as, if only I came from a family that celebrated Christmas and have more money than sense. This is the first time I'll be in the UK over Christmas time so it's interesting actually seeing all of the crazy makeup sets that are available to those who do celebrate it.

Christmas Gifts for the Makeup Addict

1. Urban Decay's The Vault What Makeup Addict hasn't heard of this set of 40 eyeliners? The second I saw it online, my reaction was WANT. Yet, when it came down to it, I knew in reality that even though the price is decent for a set of 40, I'm only really interested in maybe 10 eyeliners at the most and if I had ever spent that much money, I'd probably hate myself a little for getting it. Cheerful thoughts huh? XD

2. Kat Von D Spellbinding Lip Set This may be kind of a cheat as I already own this, but I'm glad I got it. I've been meaning to try out more of this beautiful woman's line for a while, especially the lipstick sets she's released. I've stopped myself from buying previous years' ones as they generally had a rather boring selection of color choice but this set has a decent variety of them. My only complaint is how small they were.

3. NARS One Night Stand Palette I'm a NARS virgin. Never tried any of their items ever but I hear they're meant to be amazing, especially their blushers! So when the new set released, I figured this would be the best chance to try them out as they're rather pricey, at least it would have been if I had purchased it immediately. Now they're all on ebay for ridiculous amounts of money.

4. Sephora Give Me More Lip Set This is another one that I already own but haven't written anything up for. Sephora has honestly released a load of amazing gift and value sets this year. It's such a shame that many of these sets aren't available in the France store as they're Unfortunately, it seems as though Sephora no longer

5. Bare Minerals Degrees of Dazzling Set Not only am I NARS virgin, I'm also a Bare Minerals virgin...along with many other makeup brands. When I saw Bare Minerals' Degrees of Dazzling set in Debenhams I was of course instantly attracted to it. It was also rather affordable compared to Urban Decay's the Mother Lode and don't think it cost any more than £60, sadly it seems as though it's all sold out. 

6. Benefit Lip Gloss Set Out of all of Benefit's Christmas gift sets that released this year, the lip gloss set was the only one that really interested me, I can't help but think it's simple because of the purple gloss in the set. Damn my Achilles heel. The six lipglosses are all sample sizes and I may be getting my hands on this soon as Debenhams has 15% off Beauty until Sunday. 

7. Illamasqua Design By You Nail Polish Set I, like many people, am a huge fan of Illamasqua. The Design By You set allows you to create your own nail polish whilst working with David Horne at the Illamasqua Beak Street Store in London. The concept is pretty awesome and I do adore my Illamasqua nail polishes. The opportunity to make your own personal shade would lighten your wallet by £300. I've only seen this option on the Selfridges website, it doesn't seem to even be listed on Illamasqua's site at all.

8. Kat Von D Spellbinding Look Kit As I've said already, I've been meaning to try more of Kat Von D's products and this seems like an excellent way to try it out. If you're not from the states, you can get your hands on Kat Von D goodies from Roses Beauty Store.

9. Illamasqua Perfect Pout Gift Set A set of 6 of Illamasqua's lipsticks including a purple one and an exclusive shade? Want! Sadly, I already own too many of the colors in the set to justify the purchase, even if the price has come down from £85 to £60.

10. Yves Saint Laurent La Laque Couture Colour Collection I saw this and thought, I must get this but thankfully it's sold out and I also saw this and got them mixed up with Tom Ford, who should totally release a set like this. YSL though? I'd rather they released a decent lipstick value set for christmas..


2 comments:

  1. Wow these are all great gift sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I am incredibly jelly of anyone who can get their hands on them xD

      Delete