November 24, 2013

Thor Inspired Makeup

I know the new Hunger Games film is out and people are probably expecting Hunger Games looks but I didn't feel particularly inspired by the movie and I'm still getting over how fun Thor the Dark World was. Admittedly, I know nothing about the Thor comic verse which prevented any potential nerd rage making it a fun and enjoyable watch. What I enjoyed most about the film, was the banter and general relationship between Thor and Loki. So, I thought I'd make two different looks, one on Thor, the other on Loki. Today's look, is based on Asgard's most arrogant warrior, Thor.

Arrogant may be harsh, I definitely got the impression Thor was that and rather stupid in Thor 1 and Avengers Assemble. It seemed as though they down played these qualities in the Dark World though. Anyway, moving on from all that, this look was based on the general grey, silver and red outfit we see Thor wearing, I thought it looked like I had just worn too much makeup, especially with the red lipstick, so I threw in some lightning in there as he has some connection with thunder and lightning sometimes. I'm not entirely sure what they are as they've not made it very clear. Anyway, I was very tempted to just scrap this look entirely as I wasn't too pleased with it but maybe some of you may feel differently? I find myself feeling very meh with makeup at this time of year because of the lack of lighting.

Products Used
Illamasqua Hydra Veil
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation 10
Illamasqua Powder Foundation 200
Illamasqua Precision Ink in Scribe Abyss
Concrete Minerals mineral eyeshadow in Ether & Black Metal
Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Love+
Vitage Cosmetics Shadow in Spiced Coffee
Yves Rocher lipstick in Grand Rouge
Illamasqua Powdered Metal in Thalia

Did you catch Thor: The Dark World? What were your thoughts on it? Lemme know below!

10 comments:

  1. You are very pretty :) I like this make-up ♥

    Bisous,
    Maêva du blog:
    http://quotidiendunefille.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww thank you, Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. This is a fun look :) I havent seen the movie yet though! I really like the purple color :)) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone out there likes it as I'm still unsure xD I got the color by applying red first then smoking it out with some grey :)

      Delete
  3. This is a really cool look! Thor is one of my favorite marvel heros. I love your blog design by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! It's certainly an improvement from how it looked when I first started!

      Delete
  4. Love this look! I love Thor, Norse/Scandinavian mythology really interests me so I was so excited for the films. Chris Hemsworth is just so yummy too :D The makeup look is really lovely, but I know how you feel, this time of year I really can't be bothered with 'exciting' makeup at all! Hence why I want the Illamasqua Fatale palette to encourage me to do some interesting looks for xmas parties! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hoping new years at the very least will inspire me :P And yes, Chris Hemsworth and dat accent. Om nom nom xD

      Delete
  5. I love the little bolt of lightning - it definitely ties the whole look together! I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm excited to watch :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it and I neeeeed to get on it and do a Loki look soon >.<

      Delete