November 17, 2013

Lime Crime Serpentina LotD

After recently reviewing a few Lime Crime lipsticks and feeling uncertain about them, I decided to just go ahead and test out the 'unusual' colors that intrigued me instead of spending money on the more common ones. Serpentina is one of those major ones I've had my eye on for ages but had to wait for months before I could try it out as it's a seasonal shade. It is currently in stock in most online stores that offer Lime Crime, but I had originally planned on purchasing this color way back in May/June when it wasn't even being made for restock. 

Needless to say, this was a ridiculously super easy look, I didn't even bother with eyeshadow, so I didn't take photos of all the products I used this time. It was basically, my usual face base stuff along with eyeliner and lipstick. I didn't even bother to prime, moisturise or line my lips. How green this looks obviously varies with lighting but I have to say I am in love with this color. I'm beginning to get much more comfortable with wearing strange lip colors out but so far only if it's in the evening, probably cause it stands out a lot less. I don't think I'm quite ballsy enough to wear this out in daylight quite yet. 

As I've said before, I adore this color and it applied beautifully, the only downfall is that it transfers so much! I drank water whilst I was out and quite a fair amount faded, so you'll have to reapply or wear some sort of lip primer to keep it sticking to your lips. Even though it fades it doesn't completely disappear either, it tends to sink in a few lip cracks and leaves patches of light green on your lips. I wish the quality was better but my love for the actual color makes these faults almost tolerable.

Have you tried any strange lipstick shades recently? Dare to try Serpentina? Lemme know below!

10 comments:

  1. This is a crazy colour but it actually looks really pretty on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww thanks, glad you like it :) It is pretty crazy xD

      Delete
  2. It really suits you! I really want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too but I hesitated wondering if it'd look out, turns out it's an awesome color xD

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is gorgeous, so far my favorite out of all the ones I own :)

      Delete
  4. you look like a pixie, really cool look! xx

    Jess
    www.dungarees-and-donuts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, I've never been described as a fairy before cheers xD

      Delete
  5. It is a pretty color! I wish they have this in eyeshadow too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure someone must do this color in eyeshadow form!

      Delete