November 20, 2013

Benefit POREfessional*

This is officially my first post with a * at the end of it ever since I've added a disclaimer policy on the blog. If my memory serves correctly, I received this sample of Benefit's POREfessional at a Benefit event. This is, as I just said,  a sample size product, so it's not the item you would receive if you actually purchased the item. So this is meant to be one of Benefit's most popular products, especially in the UK. If you're not too familiar with Benefit cosmetics in general, Porefessional is a primer that is meant to minimise the appearance of pores and fine lines.

Aside from concealing pores and fine lines, POREfessional is oil-free, contains Vitamin E and also helps makeup last longer. It's won multiple awards in the last few years. It's also rather versatile as you can apply it either before or after applying makeup but it is recommended you use it after moisturising. If you suffer from dry skin from time to time, I would definitely moisturise as I woke up one morning with especially severe dry skin and this ended up irritating my skin by causing a stinging sensation. That said, I've never otherwise had a negative reaction to POREfessional and I don't really regularly moisturise (aside from a bit of Hydra Veil). 

What I love about the beige formula is that it applies nude, making it a universal product for every skin tone. My issues with it? I don't really know if it's doing anything for me. I think it made my makeup last longer, but I'm honestly not sure. I'd say it may have concealed my fine lines but it definitely did not do anything for my pores at least no more than my foundation does. As an award winning product, I think I had too high expectations for this. It may be something to do with potentially not needing the product yet? I suppose it would react differently among various skin types.

So ultimately, will I be purchasing a full item? Sadly, no. I have almost used up my entire sample and I don't see the need to spend £24.50 on a product that doesn't really seem to be doing much to my skin. I would rather invest in something that would actually minimise pores rather than conceal them. That said, I would potentially try out a few more samples just to see if I am missing something or not.

Have you tried this item? Did it work well with you or am I missing something here? Maybe I'm applying it wrong? Do share your experiences/tips below! 

12 comments:

  1. I used this and started getting breakouts on my chin so I do not like this item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad it's not just me xD i'm surprised it caused a breakout though X_x

      Delete
  2. Ah j'aime pas moi ce genre de produit.. Bourré de silicones donc bon :(


    Bisous,
    Maêva du blog:
    http://quotidiendunefille.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know enough chemistry to know what the effects of silicone will do to your skin, but i hear it's bad!

      Delete
  3. I've read a lot of reviews that even though this is almost a legend it's not worth the money. So I don't need it and cheaper bases are just fine for me. I have my own personal favourite by Dermacol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well i'm glad it's not just me then, I'll probably try and look for a better alternative :3

      Delete
  4. I know a lot of people dont like this but its really suited my skin and fills in my porey skin - I'm usually not a fan of silicone products either...

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear it works for someone! XD

      Delete
  5. That's the reason why I never purchased it before! I wasn't sure if it would actually do anything. I think I'll just stick to good old foundation and concealer!

    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I presume it's best to use only if you have pore problems :3

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love this! I really suffer with my pores though, so maybe it just works better on more extreme cases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah seems that way! I guess unless you're very aware of your pores you're not really going to notice a difference :)

      Delete