October 20, 2013

Spider Queen Halloween Makeup

I've FINALLY managed to get around to creating another Halloween look. One that I'll definitely be wearing to one of the Halloween events this year. I've never gothed up with my makeup but I really like the way this turned out. I was going to call this a purple widow look but widow spiders are red so I've resorted to being really lame and am now calling it the Spider Queen. The idea essentially came to me whilst rewatching a certain youtube video where Spiderman says "Please don't tell anyone I webbed myself" and boom, inspiration hit me. Except, I didn't want it to be Spiderman themed itself.

I have to say, I thought this would be really easy to do but man, I don't think I've ever spent so long doing my makeup! I thought it'd be really easy to draw spiderwebs but drawing on yourself with a mirror was challenging. By the time I was done, the sun had disappeared and it was quite dark, so it was a struggle to take decent shots. It was definitely worth it as I love the end effect, and how it looks like I have a tattoo across my chest as well. I adore the spider web false lashes from Claire's and Illamasqua's purple lipstick in Kontrol and how they finish off the look nicely. 

So how did I get this look? I started off by drawing on my chest, first with Illamasqua's sophie pencil then I rubbed most of it off and went over it with Barry M's liquid liner. After that, I started priming my eyes and did a purple smokey eye with a lot of blending. I then applied my foundation and powder, did my brows before working on the extra detailing on the eye. I drew 4 curved lines extending from my eye, joined them up like a web and then lined my eyes. I finally added in the eyelash extensions then used an invisible lip liner before applying my purple lipstick. To finish off the look, I used Illamasqua's powdered metal in Thalia as a Blush and dabbed a bit of the glittery powder into the webs of my eyes and across my chest.

Products Used
Illamasqua medium pencil in Sophie
Barry M Blink Precision Eyeliner
Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer
Concrete Minerals Mineral Eyeshadow in Seance
Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Poison Plum
Inglot Eyeshadow in AMC 75
Makeup Geek Eyeshadows in Shimma Shimma and Creme Brulee
Barry M Khol Eyeliner in black
Vitage Cosmetics eye color in Spiced Coffee
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation No 10
Illamasqua Pressed Powder 200
Illamasqua Skin Base Lift in Medium 2
Claire's Spider Web False Lashes
Urban Decay Lip Pencil in Ozone
Illamasqua lipstick in Kontrol
Illamasqua Powdered Metal in Thalia

12 comments:

  1. omg the eyelashes!!! I'm in love.
    The whole look is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your make-up ! It's very good ♥

    Bisous,
    Maêva du blog:
    http://quotidiendunefille.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! That lipstick is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it? Surprised me how nice it was :3

      Delete
  4. This looks absolutely fantastic and I love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is awesome! I love those lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, they really complete the look :)

      Delete
  6. I love those false eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful xD Really pleased by their quality :3

      Delete