October 30, 2013

Mermaid Halloween Makeup

I've been lacking inspiration recently when it comes to Halloween makeup looks, I did plan on doing a Jigsaw look but it seems like everyone's been doing that so I decided not to bother essentially. I'll probably try it out at some other time though. Anyway I eventually found some inspiration from reddit when a lady did a cool but simple mermaid look, so I thought I'd replicate it but add my own twist to it. I wore this to a Halloween event the other night without wearing a proper mermaid costume because I didn't think I'd like the look so much and didn't plan ahead but I may in the future go as a full on mermaid. 

My lack of mermaid costume made me seem as though I was dressed as a generic seapunk person according to a few others. It was funny when people complimented me on my costume thinking I was a really obscure anime character or just complimented me without suggesting what I was. Personally the silver lips made me feel like a space mermaid. I didn't buy anything specifically for this look, I just happened to have a lot of things, the headpiece is simply a necklace that I clipped onto the wig to keep it secure. The face makeup wasn't that hard to do either, I only used two eyeshadows and one glitter pigment. The hardest part was without a doubt trying to stick on the Sacred Hour Swarovski stones because a lot of glue transferred to my fingers, cleaning them after applying a few stones made the process much more bearable.

Products Used
Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer
Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Darling and Tiara
Vitage Cosmetics Eye Color in Spiced Coffee
Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Beguile
Illamasqua Skin Base No 10
Illamasqua Powder Foundation 200
Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Galactic
Illamasqua Sacred Hour Crystals
Illamasqua Precision Ink Eyeliner in Abyss
Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Sophie
Haute Couture False Eyelashes in Flirt
Wig by Geisha Wigs in Mermaid

8 comments:

  1. Superb! I like it !!!! ♥

    Bisous,
    Maêva du blog:
    http://quotidiendunefille.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is cool. I love the crystals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been waiting for a decent opportunity to finally wear them, no regrets! XD

      Delete
  3. Amazing! I love this, great job.

    ReplyDelete