October 06, 2013

Halloween Costume Ideas

Today's post was meant to be a Halloween Makeup look but last night I tried on some moisturiser that completely bloated my face so instead I thought I'd share some of the Halloween costume ideas I've been considering. I never was really into Halloween until I got to uni. The costumes I wore weren't particularly 'sexy' ones either. I've dressed as Hitgirl from Kick-Ass, Nyan Cat, a female comedian from the Watchmen, Princess Peach (I will never wear a blonde wig again), Batgirl, a generic zombie and Trinity from the Matrix. Those are all just things I can remember off the top of my head. So, here are three costume ideas I've come up with for this year.

Wednesday Addams Halloween Cosplay Costume
Wednesday Addams Halloween Cosplay Costume

There are two ways to get the Wendesday Addams dress down. Either wear a white blouse under a black dress or just buy a standard Peter Pan collar dress. There are so many of these dresses out there lately, which is why/how I got the idea to dress up as her. It's an easy costume to get together. After you get the dress sorted, you just need to tie your hair into two plaits, wear black tights and get some black flats and you're sorted...unless you have blonde hair, people might get thrown off a little. I already own a coffin bag, and thought it'd go well with a Wednesday Addams costume. I'm currently heavily leaning towards wearing this for Halloween this year.

Hipster Ariel Halloween Costume Cosplay
Hipster Ariel Halloween Costume Cosplay
Purple V Neck Sweater £12/ Mermaid Scales Leggings £12 / Tokyo Laundry Skinny Jeans £25 / River Island Dark Green Skirt £18 / Converse Shoes £40 / Turquoise Litas, £20 / Purple Shell Clutch Bag, £16 / Flounder Small Soft Toy £12 / Starfish Hair Accessory £11 / Illamasqua Nail Polish in Venuous, £14 / 8 Bit Hipster Glasses £4/ Sebastien Plush £12 / Adorkable Apparel Crop Top £20 / Fire Wig £19 / Lime Crime Red Velvet £11.5

For a long time I've wanted to cosplay as Ariel, mostly because I love red hair but the idea of wearing purple shells as a bra casually hasn't really appealed to me...yet at least. Also, I'm not crafty enough to create my own mertail so am I going to let that stop me? Nope. I also came across a pair of 8-bit hipster looking glasses that I've been dying to wear so I figured why not combine the two? Why not dress up as Hipster Ariel? XD I won't be dressing up as her for Halloween but there's a comic con coming up next month that I plan on attending. It gives me time to finalise how I plan on actually pulling the costume together as there are so many ways to pull it off and time to actually get the parts together too.

Death from the Sandman Halloween Cosplay Costume
Death from Neil Gaiman's the Sandman Halloween Cosplay Costume

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Death, she's from Neil Gaiman's the Sandman series. It's one of those more obscure references (despite the fact that the series of graphic novels are pretty popular), not a lot of people would realise who on earth I was dressed up as. I pretty much have everything I need to pull this off (except for the Ankh necklace) but I think I'll just wait for the right opportunity to dress up as her as there's nothing more infuriating than putting in a lot of effort dressing up as a character that nobody knows. #nerdgirlproblems

Did you like my list? What are you dressing up as for Halloween this year?

4 comments:

  1. Last ones gotta be my favourite one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that at least one of my readers is a Neil Gaiman fan xD

      Delete
  2. Looking for any awesome, scary, funny or weird Halloween Costumes and just in time, I found your blog which is very interesting. Thanks for sharing and I do hope I could pin some nice photos on my Pinterest boards. Good day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! As I said, go ahead and pin away! :3

      Delete