October 10, 2013

Broken Doll Halloween Makeup

So, I was meant to do this makeup look a while ago for Halloween month but life got in the way and I never got around to trying it out until the other day. This look was very much inspired by an image I saw on reddit a few weeks ago, I actually can't seem to find it on there anymore, so I apologise for the lack of reference. I did whore out a photo of this look on Facebook and was surprised by how many of my friends liked it, hopefully you guys will too?

This was my first attempt at this look and given that I'm really a nobody that's still relatively new with playing with makeup, I think it turned out quite well. I first used a black eyeliner pencil to outline where I'd do my makeup properly, then I used a light foundation and powder outside of the outline and used a darker foundation and powder inside the outline I drew. Next, I lined my lips red and colored them in with a glossier red lip pencil (a creamy lipstick would do too). Next, I filled in my brow then worked on my eye shadow, which was just a highlighter shade right under the brow then a shimmery bronze/gold on the lid and blended in a light brown shadow to give a little depth (I then topped off with some more shimmery bronze/gold on the lid). I lined my eye, added mascara and then added some blush inside the lines. Finally, I outlined the crack area with liquid liner and then added a few extra details/cracks to it. Wait for it to dry and you're done!

Products Used
Illamasqua medium pencil in S.O.P.H.I.E
Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation in Ivory
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in No 10
Illamasqua Powder Foundation in 200
NYX HD Studio Photogenice Grinding Powder in 06 Honey Beige
Vitage Cosmetics eye color in Spiced Coffee
Illamasqua medium pencil in Feisty
Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate
Makeup Geek Eyeshadows in Shimma Shimma, Cocoa Bear & Glamorous
Illamasqua Precision Ink in Abyss
Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Ambition
YSL Mascara

11 comments:

  1. This make up looks amazing! Will you be a broken doll for halloween? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might do, I'm playing around with a couple of ideas, especially as my first Halloween costume idea isn't happening anymore >.<

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that's frikkin awesome :D! I'm really bad with make up so I can only dream of someone doing this one on me sometime.. xD (I know it's about practice, but I even seem to be immune to practice ;( )
    x, Lara
    http://laralizard.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww thanks muchly :3 I don't think I'm anything great either tbh, I just try things out and sometimes they turn out alright, sometimes it's just awful and I have to remove everything and try again. xD

      Delete
  3. Wow! I totally love your look! That totally freak me out. I'd love to have this creepy doll on halloween. Thanks for sharing this idea. Cheers!

    ~ Christine
    Halloween makeup ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Do share your look as I'd love to see how yours turns out ^^

      Delete
  4. Looking for any awesome, scary, funny or weird Halloween Makeup ideas that me and my friends could try this year. Just in time, I found your blog which is very interesting. Thanks for sharing and I do hope I could pin some nice photos on my Pinterest boards. Good day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can, feel free to do so ^^ I love seeing people pin my stuff :3

      Delete
  5. I think this is one of the most interesting articles I’ve read on this subject. You have made your points interesting, unique and I agree with most. I am glad I found your article today
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete