September 22, 2013

Top 5 Autumn Lipsticks

Autumn is officially here...despite it feeling as though it has hit us in the UK a bit early. Now, although I don't tend to care for seasonal trends in general and am a huge advocate of 'wear what you want, when you want' but I thought I'd share my top 5 autumn vibe lipstick shades. What do I mean by Autumn vibe shades? Essentially dark vampy shades along with a few recent releases too. Again, as per usual, these aren't the best lipsticks out there but are my personal choices. I made sure to not be too biased to any specific brand and included a variety of brands along with a decent price range. I've made sure to include both hand and lip swatches too! 

Top: Rimmel 04, Lime Crime Styletto, UD Venom lipstick only
Bottom: UD Venom with lip liner, Illamasqua Shard, KVD Homegirl

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 04 - £5.49
I bought this color as it seemed to be a cheaper alternative to Illamasqua's Kontrol and because it's purple of course. I love this shade so much but I have to say I can not stand the way this smells at all! I don't think I've ever had such an adverse reaction to the scent of a lipstick before. Although it's a struggle to apply (if you dislike the smell) and you tend to ignore the scent after a while, I can't say I regret buying this as I just love this lip colour so much. 

Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Styletto - £11.5
I actually purchased this a while ago and have only recently-ish posted up a review on a few Lime Crime lipsticks. Styletto was the least 'safe' shade out of those four lipsticks. Although I own another black lipstick shade and despite Lime Crime's dodgy history and reputation, I prefer Styletto because of it's glossy finish. Sadly, I haven't had much opportunity to wear it out much. I look forward to finally being able to wear this as house party season is just around the corner now.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Venom - £15
The lightest shade out of 5 I've chosen, Urban Decay only just released their new Revolution Lipstick's in July (August if you're in the UK) and Venom just stood out the most to me out of the entire collection. It's a creamy bright plum lipstick that isn't especially durable on it's own but lasts for ages when you pair it with it's corresponding 24/7 lip pencil. The lipstick on it's own is much pinker than with the lip pencil which makes it a little darker and more purple.

Illamasqua Lipstick in Shard - £16.5
Shard is part of Illamasqua's most recent collection, the Sacred Hour, that released this summer. Shard is truly a strange shade, I find it looks quite different on everyone that wears it but its described as a red violet shade by the brand itself. It's lovely on it's own but it's a shade I admit I like to tone down a little with a deep pink gloss. It's also the only matte lipstick I've chosen for this list, you really need to make sure you exfoliate and moisturise your lips to make the most of this shade.

Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Homegirl - £17.99
This lipstick is much cheaper if you have the convenience of being located in the states, retailing at only $19 making it just £12. For us in the UK, you can purchase Kat Von D's lipstick's at Roses Beauty Store like I did for a couple of extra quid. It may be a little extortionate for some but for myself, it's certainly loads cheaper than booking a flight there. Anyway, this colour is a gorgeous dark plummy brown shade with a glossy finish.

So anyway, those were my 5 favourite lipsticks for this season. Let me know your favourites below!

8 comments:

  1. Hey lovely - you are definitely a girl after my own heart besides my favourite red lipsticks, purples are definitely my second choice and these shades really suit you - utterly gorgeous. I need more lime crime in my life, I don't own that one. Love Laura xxx A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad you like them :P There are definitely a fair few purple lime crime colors I want to try out too ^^

      Delete
  2. ahhhh venom is my favorite one <3 great post!

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The UD Venom and Illamasqua Shard are both gorgeous and might sort of lipsticks! The Lime Crime lipstick looks lovely on you! I love the look of black lipstick but I'm incredibly pale so worry it would look awful on me! Great picks, I love Autumn lipsticks.

    - Rhi | Beauty Bucket List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you say that cause I was worried black lipstick would look strange on me because I wasn't pale skinned :P You should try it out, you may be surprised with the results ^^

      Delete
  4. I'm going to try out the black lipstick :-)
    I ordered 3 very pale pinks and coral colour lipsticks from Barry M as they are 3 for 2 at superdrug at the moment.

    http://missgoochxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, lemme know how you get along with the black lipstick :) I'm sure it'll suit you ^^

      Delete