September 20, 2013

Braving Bright Bold Lips

It's been a while since my last post but don't let that fool you, I haven't been doing nothing for this blog. In fact, I've been working on and have published my contact and disclaimer page *point upwards*. I have an about me page in the works as well but won't probably be up too soon as I'm still experimenting with various layouts. Anyway, today I decided to brave a bold bright pink lipstick. I've mentioned several times before that I'm most comfortable in either nude colored lipsticks or dark ones but I believe it's important to always step outside of one's comfort zone.

So I thought I'd knock two birds with one stone and make it a bright pink lip. I actually bought this color way back in February but haven't really worn it as again, bright lipsticks scare me, the shade is Sleek's sheer lipstick in Fuchsia. I ended up pairing it with Urban Decay's 24/7 lip pencil in anarchy which I bought soon after trying out their pencil in venom as I just loved the quality of these lip pencils. Anyway, I kept my eye makeup simple by just adding a little flick to my liner and applied a light neutral blush to keep the focus on the lips. I have to say, I'm actually quite fond of the finished look. Although I don't tend to really care for seasonal trends I can't help but think this would have been a decent look to pull off during the sunnier summer days.

Products Used
Illamasqua Skin Base 10
Illamasqua Powder Foundation in 200
Vitage cosmetics eye color in spiced coffee
Urban Decay 24/7 lip pencil in Anarchy
Sleek Makeup sheer lipstick in Fuschia
Illamasqua precision ink in Abyss
Illamasqua pencil in Sophie
Illamasqua powder blusher in Ambition

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog so much! The layout is amazing.
    I'm your newest follower via google (318).
    I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow me back as well Also,
    if you'd like to keep in touch via twitter or facebook,
    just do so and let me know so I cab follow back =)
    Have anice day, hugs Beyaz Sır <3
    http://whiteglaze.blogspot.com
    twitter: @_gamzeahmet_

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely colour! bold lips are ruling my life at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete