September 27, 2013

24 Lipstick Display Stand


As I've mentioned before, I've been trying to stop myself from hoarding so many eye shadows so I've decided to start stock piling a whole lot of lipsticks. This has caused many a lipstick to just be thrown about on my shelf. So when Hayley had written up a post on this clear acrylic lipstick display stand, it was a no brainer, I placed my order almost instantly and now that I've filled up this whole rack, I'm currently considering on ordering a second.

The display rack costs only £3. The only thing that may put you off from purchasing this is that the seller is based in China so it will take a while for you to receive your item. It took roughly 15 working days for me to receive this but maybe your luck may not be as good as mine was as I imagined I'd only receive mine after a full month. If your impatient, there are a few other local listings for roughly £6.

Anyway, as you can see most of my lipsticks fit in the display however not all of them do, like Yves Rocher, Sleek Lipsticks and Kat Von D lipsticks. That said, I have kinda forced the Sleek and Kat Von D lipsticks in (I would not recommend doing this as they can get stuck). I've sorted out the Yves Rocher problem by putting it in upside down. Also, you're not limited to only putting in lipsticks, you can fit in glosses, mascaras or even a few primers (depending on the bottle).

Rather than order the rack by brand I thought I'd give each row in the display rack a certain theme. So the first, top most row had brown and neutral toned lipsticks. The second had pinks, third had bright shades (from reds, oranges, pinks and even purple) and the bottom most one has all of the darker shades. It's a better system than just sticking specific brands together as if I'm in a rush to get out, I don't want to pull out every, for example, Illamasqua lipstick I own to find a particular shade.

So all in all, I love these, they're an awesomely cheap way to organise my lipsticks and it makes me feel as though I own a beauty store too. XD

8 comments:

  1. I really need one of these! I'm always losing lipsticks because I just put them down somewhere and forget about them! xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly why I bought one of these, I just thew mines around everywhere xD

      Delete
  2. That is such a better organization tool than my cups, bwaha. Although my cups are cute but... ah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, again, the only main issue is that some lipsticks dont fit in there. >.<

      Delete
  3. I definitely need this container for my lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Not sure if you're referring to the lipstick or the figurine xD

      Delete